Sponsored

EB brake upgrade

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
This should be pretty simple and maybe I'm over thinking it, but I've searched quite a bit and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a '19 EB and decided to skip the PP and choose my own upgrades instead, first up is the brakes. The EBPP/base GT brakes should fit my needed so I'll be going this route, I have a set of front and rear GT calipers and will be ordering new pads and rotors. I'm aware that I'll need the GT hoses, I think they came with the calipers but I haven't unpacked them yet.
All my searching has turned up is numerous comments that it's a simple case of swapping parts, but I've been hoping to find an actual parts list. Specifically, I'm looking for the dust shields/backing plates, I've seen a few comments that they are just a few bucks, but I can't find a part number. Does anyone have this info?
Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
This should be pretty simple and maybe I'm over thinking it, but I've searched quite a bit and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a '19 EB and decided to skip the PP and choose my own upgrades instead, first up is the brakes. The EBPP/base GT brakes should fit my needed so I'll be going this route, I have a set of front and rear GT calipers and will be ordering new pads and rotors. I'm aware that I'll need the GT hoses, I think they came with the calipers but I haven't unpacked them yet.
All my searching has turned up is numerous comments that it's a simple case of swapping parts, but I've been hoping to find an actual parts list. Specifically, I'm looking for the dust shields/backing plates, I've seen a few comments that they are just a few bucks, but I can't find a part number. Does anyone have this info?
Front brake hoses (for 2015-2017 but I don't see why 2018 would be different):
RH BRHF205
LF BRHF206

Rear brake hoses (for 2015-2017 but I don't see why 2018 would be different):
RH: BRHR218
LH: BRHR220

Edit: EBPP/base GT brakes come with rotors with inverted cooling. If you are planning on going to the track in the future, consider getting aftermarket rotors without inverted cooling.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
You can use the dust shields and backing plate that are on the vehicle . Make sure to not let the brake fluid drain out when you do the install . Get the calipers bolted on and set to attach the brake line from the new caliper . Break the union and reattach the new union . Just hang the oem caliper to the rear until your ready to make connections . By the way the rears are the same as you purchased .

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have asked before I started buying parts, looks like the calipers and even the pads are the same. I'd expected that the slightly larger rotor would use different parts.
I don't plan to track the car, that's what my Porsche is for, but I'll be looking for "normal" rotors anyway.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Installed a pair of used GTPP calipers that came with hoses today. I don't need the hoses as I reused the SS braided lines, so you can have them for the cost of shipping if you want. They should fit inside a USPS flat rate shipping small box.

In addition to what Brain V said above, pick up a pack of 3/8 X 10mm crush washers as reusing existing ones may result in a leak. I used Goodridge Crush Washers Copper 3/8 X 10MM and you'll need two per side.

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I didn't think you could simply bolt on the 4 piston calipers to a non PP car. Are the mounting points for the caliper the same, i.e., bolt spacing? I assume you have 18" wheels, or larger. If not, they may not fit over the calipers.

Edit: I know that the 6 piston Brembo GT PP calipers are listed as only compatible with EB PP and GT, so there must be something different about these than the base EB.

Last edited:

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I apologize for the semi-hijack, but I figure you'll probably either need this or have it at hand...

What are the three torques associated with this adventure, please?
1) slider bracket to hub (F/R)
2) caliper to bracket (F/R)
3) banjo bolt (all)

I was gonna mention the flared/swaged fitting at the body end of the flex lines too, but I imagine very few of us own a calibrated line wrench! I sure don't!

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I didn't think you could simply bolt on the 4 piston calipers to a non PP car. Are the mounting points for the caliper the same, i.e., bolt spacing? I assume you have 18" wheels, or larger. If not, they may not fit over the calipers.

Edit: I know that the 6 piston Brembo GT PP calipers are listed as only compatible with EB PP and GT, so there must be something different about these than the base EB.
I would have to think that there is a difference with the master cylinder and proportioning valving . Front and rear spindles are different .

Ecoboost is not factory with the 6 piston brembo's . Although may be modified .

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have to think that there is a difference with the master cylinder and proportioning valving . Front and rear spindles are different .

Yes, I put the 6 piston Brembos on my EB PP. Bolt right on with no mods. Work great for track days.

I think the OP should research this mod a bit more before he takes everything apart.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You should swap the dust shields too. They are actually part of the upgrade kit. Or here are the part numbers. They are especially important if you go later to rotors with inverted air flow (from the inside instead of the outside like the OEM rotors).

FR3C-2K004-DC
FR3C-2K005-DC

Easy change when you have the rotors off and they are about $10 each only.

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should swap the dust shields too. They are actually part of the upgrade kit. Or here are the part numbers. They are especially important if you go later to rotors with inverted air flow (from the inside instead of the outside like the OEM rotors).

FR3C-2K004-DC
FR3C-2K005-DC

Easy change when you have the rotors off and they are about $10 each only.
I think the OP is trying to install the 4 piston on a non-PP car. In this instance, he wouldn't need the GT PP dust shields, since the 14" rotors vent externally (stupid design!).

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I think the OP is trying to install the 4 piston on a non-PP car. In this instance, he wouldn't need the GT PP dust shields, since the 14" rotors vent externally (stupid design!).
Oh yes, this was only for the 6 piston setup.
Sponsored