Sponsored

How to change logic

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
First, this is my source for my question. For those who don't like to click links:

In addition to the aforementioned, the PPL2’s $6500 upcharge over a base GT buys a front splitter, a unique spoiler, a larger radiator, a trio of chassis-stiffening braces, and retuned suspension, steering, and anti-lock-braking logic to play nice with the Cup 2 tires.
The highlighted part is what I'm curious about. How does one go about changing this sort of thing? I know you can change how the engine management system to change things like duration, timing, and so on. I'm not familiar with how you would change things like anti-lock brake logic or even something like magnetorheological dampers. How does one do this?
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
First, this is my source for my question. For those who don't like to click links:

In addition to the aforementioned, the PPL2’s $6500 upcharge over a base GT buys a front splitter, a unique spoiler, a larger radiator, a trio of chassis-stiffening braces, and retuned suspension, steering, and anti-lock-braking logic to play nice with the Cup 2 tires.
The highlighted part is what I'm curious about. How does one go about changing this sort of thing? I know you can change how the engine management system to change things like duration, timing, and so on. I'm not familiar with how you would change things like anti-lock brake logic or even something like magnetorheological dampers. How does one do this?
I'm not at all sure that the ABS programming can be user-modified; you'd probably have to physically swap the module. I have no idea whether anything else needs to be done so that the new module plays nice with all the rest of them.

On the matter of MR programming and the lookup maps it uses, you can download the user manual for the DSC Sport MR controller and get a little idea about what's behind the curtain.

https://www.dscsport.com/

Norm