Mustang Sales Down 41%...

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Try not being an angry old grouch for a change. Not sure who you think you are.....you aren't.
Project much?

Look just trying to tell you guys that when politics get inserted in these threads they get locked, and people who keep bringing up politics get banned. Do whatever you want, why would I care?
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Millenials tend to drive more ricers and euro cars than 'Merican because they don't like to wrench as much as they would like you to believe. They prefer to fuck around with a laptops, tweaking boost pressure and adding cosmetic shit and fart cans. I have only seen two other 2018 Mustangs in my area and neither are GTs. Even the old fart at Costco I saw today with a nice Magnetic had an Ecoboost. I leave my 4 banger Subaru for winter and commuting. F150 for hauling shit and Mustang GT for turning heads, making noise and destroying rubber. Right tool for the right job and all that. :wink:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Millenials tend to drive more ricers and euro cars than 'Merican because they don't like to wrench as much as they would like you to believe. They prefer to fuck around with a laptops, tweaking boost pressure and adding cosmetic shit and fart cans. I have only seen two other 2018 Mustangs in my area and neither are GTs. Even the old fart at Costco I saw today with a nice Magnetic had an Ecoboost. I leave my 4 banger Subaru for winter and commuting. F150 for hauling shit and Mustang GT for turning heads, making noise and destroying rubber. Right tool for the right job and all that. :wink:
I'll argue a few points.

First, you can do almost as much with a tune on a Mustang as on a Subaru. Second, Millenials do car stuff, and own Mustangs, it's not like everyone that owns a Mustang is old.

People just want to own SUVs now, especially now that they're a bit smaller and really luxurious. A friend has some small SUV, I can't remember which, but for transportation it's a really nice tool.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Millenials tend to drive more ricers and euro cars than 'Merican because they don't like to wrench as much as they would like you to believe. They prefer to fuck around with a laptops, tweaking boost pressure and adding cosmetic shit and fart cans.
Full-sweep blanket statements are fun. :thumbsdown:

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Or just maybe the sales are down because consumers don't want the '18+ because of the tech issues with the car. Here in the UK, my local dealer has two on display, one black one orange and both are still on display. They've been there for a good three months.
Too expensive

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Good Lord, the Chicken Little "sky is falling" attitudes here are hilarious!!!! The ICE isn't going anywhere, it's still the most efficient way to move people, and actually much "greener" than electric.

This thread is a laugh. So many people wailing that Mustang sales are down, and it means the EOTWAWKI.

Relax......
Agree
One of the major problems we are facing with electric cars is what to do with all the batteries when there life ends. A gas powered car can be recycled quite easily but the electric is proving to be a challenge.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ic-vehicle-batteries-will-go-when-they-retire

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No body pushing EV's wants the truth known their in for the money screw the environment
Quoted for truth

EV's were never going to be the way to really solve the environmental issues we have. It does so much damage to the planet to just manufacture the batteries for those cars that by the time you have a finished vehicle, you've done more damage than if you just drove a gas powered car.

Compressed Natural Gas is a good option, but I still think there needs to be more. IMO, I think utilizing hydrogen is the way to go since it's the most common element we have. However, this would obviously need much refinement so we do not have four wheel hydrogen bombs driving around. I believe it can be harnessed and made stable enough to be a fuel, but I'm not smart enough (nor wealthy enough) to do the research to make it so.

We are running out of time to solve this problem, and every time someone steps forward with something that might work, big oil buys them out and shuts down the idea. We really need to break that cycle.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quoted for truth

EV's were never going to be the way to really solve the environmental issues we have. It does so much damage to the planet to just manufacture the batteries for those cars that by the time you have a finished vehicle, you've done more damage than if you just drove a gas powered car.

Compressed Natural Gas is a good option, but I still think there needs to be more. IMO, I think utilizing hydrogen is the way to go since it's the most common element we have. However, this would obviously need much refinement so we do not have four wheel hydrogen bombs driving around. I believe it can be harnessed and made stable enough to be a fuel, but I'm not smart enough (nor wealthy enough) to do the research to make it so.

We are running out of time to solve this problem, and every time someone steps forward with something that might work, big oil buys them out and shuts down the idea. We really need to break that cycle.
I've been saying this for a long time but most of the people out there only think in a narrow band with or are brain washed and try and shout you down. Of course the people making money on the lithium battery craze will do everything they can to silence you.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I've been saying this for a long time but most of the people out there only think in a narrow band with or are brain washed and try and shout you down. Of course the people making money on the lithium battery craze will do everything they can to silence you.
According to many studies the electric car is cleaner in the long run even when you factor in the manufacturing process.
https://www.wired.com/story/even-more-evidence-that-electric-cars-could-save-the-planet/

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/19/electric-car-well-to-wheel-emissions-myth/

The big question is with Mustang sales slowing declining, what will the future Mustang and Hybrid/Electric Mach 1 be like?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
According to many studies the electric car is cleaner in the long run even when you factor in the manufacturing process.
https://www.wired.com/story/even-more-evidence-that-electric-cars-could-save-the-planet/

The big question is with Mustang sales slowing declining, what will the future Mustang and Hybrid/Electric Mach 1 be like?
I don't know how you can say "long run" when it comes to an electric car. Are they assuming that the electric cars will last for 30+ years like gasoline cars do? Big assumption when electric cars haven't been on the road more than a few years. AFAIK most electric cars only last a few years. Then they are garbage.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
It's not selling as well because the front end is ugly. /thread
Do you mean the '18 GT? I own one and the jury is still out. Sometimes I like it. Sometimes it is too close to the Fusion for me.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I can find you studies to say anything I want first thing you look at is who payed for the study that tells you volumes. Tell me where's a good place to burry all those lithium batteries once there unusable ?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I can find you studies to say anything I want first thing you look at is who payed for the study that tells you volumes. Tell me where's a good place to burry all those lithium batteries once there unusable ?
^This is true. Statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to.

Case in point.....

https://axleaddict.com/cars/Prius
Sponsored