Sponsored

Hey there... Has anyone tried the C&L bypass valve adapter on their 18 Eco ??

Orangecrush18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost
Hey there... Has anyone tried the C&L bypass valve adapter on their 18 Eco
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
Its the same part for 15-18.
If you want the sound, just unclamp the rubber hose from the bypass valve and let it vent to atmosphere. But make sure to close that open hose as it is going to the stock intake tube. I used a rubber expansion freeze plug that I had in my tool box, with the stock clamp. I’ve heard people using rubber plugs to rubber chair bottoms. Does not matter what you use just close it up.
Also realize that if vent to atmosphere, and you are on the intestate and using the cruise it will bleed off air, like you have a air leak until you get back on the gas. It does that with the stock bypass valve and the GFB diverter valve plus also.

I saw this video awhile back.

OP
OP
Orangecrush18

Orangecrush18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost
OP
OP
Orangecrush18

Orangecrush18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost
Its the same part for 15-18.
If you want the sound, just unclamp the rubber hose from the bypass valve and let it vent to atmosphere. But make sure to close that open hose as it is going to the stock intake tube. I used a rubber expansion freeze plug that I had in my tool box, with the stock clamp. I’ve heard people using rubber plugs to rubber chair bottoms. Does not matter what you use just close it up.
Also realize that if vent to atmosphere, and you are on the intestate and using the cruise it will bleed off air, like you have a air leak until you get back on the gas. It does that with the stock bypass valve and the GFB diverter valve plus also.

I saw this video awhile back.
I appreciate the video link. Yes... is exactly the same results it seems. Not sure if visually the hose hanging there exposed works for me...but for free it is something i will at least do to actually see if i like the blow off sound without spending anything. Thx again.

Sponsored

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
Running the Steeda version on my 18 but yeah its all the same for the 15-18.

Boom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ecoboost
I appreciate the video link. Yes... is exactly the same results it seems. Not sure if visually the hose hanging there exposed works for me...but for free it is something i will at least do to actually see if i like the blow off sound without spending anything. Thx again.
Took my Steeda adapter off if you're interested in buying. Installed and intake and went a different route.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Remove the hose from both ends if you don't like it hanging there. There is zero benefit from running that spacer and it will sound exactly the same as just removing the tube.
Sponsored