Confirmed: Mustang GT PP2 Overheats in 3 laps on track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Still can't believe a 34k car is so good on the track. I would love to add a Type R to my collection someday.
36K Focus RS is just as fast in the dry and blows it away in less than dry conditions.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
36K Focus RS is just as fast in the dry and blows it away in less than dry conditions.
I had an RS until it died with 1800 miles on it. This issue is fixed, but I would never buy one that required the recall work or was built with the suspect gasket.

Plus, the pogo suspension was obnoxious.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I can't fit in a Focus RS, but I can in a Type-R. I'm just glad they fixed the head gasket issue. Now they just need to tone down that ridiculous wing in a refresh of the Type-R and I'm sold.

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ill have to disagree I don't think the Camaro is a bad looking car the front is pretty damn good and the quality seems to be decent minus some issues similar to the Mustang. Don't let the trolls sour the car.
My experience with Camaros comes from a 2011 5th Gen I owned. Bought it brand new. Black 2SS/RS auto car. At 1k miles, it blew the belt. No joke. I had to have my new, bone stock car towed to a dealer. First question: "You weren't driving it hard were you?" I'm sorry. Did I buy a sports car or a Honda Civic? But no, I had babied it.

It took the dealer 4 days to get a belt for it as this was a common issue.

Countless quality issues with those cars. When it comes to the 6th Gen, IMO it is not the best looking car out there. The wife's '15 Camry has those vertical LED running lights up front. Big deal.

For me, it's a resounding no. I don't like the look and I KNOW the quality sucks because I know GM having worked for them as much as I did.

My dilemma is always Mustang or Challenger. The Challenger looks the best IMO as I love the retro design. However, I always find myself back in a Mustang so there's got to be something to that.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The PP2 is j
1 - Lamborghini Huracan
2 - GT2RS
3 - McLaren 720S
4 - Civic Type R
5 - Aston Martin Vantage
6 - BMW M5
7 - Miata
8 - Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio
9 - Kia StingerGT
10 - Audi TTRS
11 - Corvette ZR1
12 - Mustang GT PP2

Owie, behind the Stinger and an SUV? Cup2s were the biggest complaint. They didn't give credit to the time of the car due to having such huge tires, and took away points because of so obnoxious they are to live with on backgrounds with the tramlining.
I can't complain about the top three but after that it's a joke. Motor Trend really hates the C7 Vette of which some of that is warranted given the problems they had testing them in the past.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Let me ask you a question - how many people will cancel their order for a Ford GT over that article? I'll answer it for you, zero. Furthermore, 90% of the owners of said GT won't even track it. They are in for collecting and resale or to look cool and be young. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, just don't find any value in the article based on the consumer.

Edit: I was going to say I disagree with the stickier tier comment but I re-read what you wrote and get your point. It was in reference to the PP2 pack (although doesn't that also include the mag ride shocks?).
That because almost all Supercar buyers are rich posers. Many never drive their cars at all. Just look at all the 10 year old Ferrari's at the big auctions that have less than 10,000 miles on them.

But once it becomes common knowledge that car A is faster/better than car B. Even posers lose interest.

PS I love how Lightning lap and it's imitators has resulted in the widespread use of rather specialized track oriented tires on not particularly track oriented cars. But you have to show the posers your car is faster, and they are too dumb to realize that tires are major factor in lap times.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
.....meanwhile, Ford Performance scrambles to put together a nice diff cooler kit for the next wish book.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Motortrend said the Type R overheated on them several times during the best drivers car.

Outside temp was 72 degrees.

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
My C7 base was awesome . My 2010 GT was bullet proof . My 2011 GT500 did well bit had major traction issues . MY 2011 GTCS had an AWFUL MT82 in it. The Grand Sport was perfect and the Z51 worked well enough . The Z06 overheated because of its low hood and lack of air in engine bay, a problem that the ZL1 with its bigger engine bay largely side sstepped. An Auto base GT pretty much matches a GT350 at the strip. The once amazing Boss 302 is now woefully outclassed...as are the 08 to 12 GT500s which will get eat by an AT GT now. I knew as soon as I realized Ford had both lowered the hood and added power/increased red line that heat would be an issue.

This isn't really anything to launch a tirade about like it's some new epiphany or shocking news.

This stuff is just par for the course in performance cars. Remember when using a GTRs factory launch control one time would void the drivetrain warranty.

In this hobbies you get some great things...you also get some examples of missing the mark.

SSDD.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
That because almost all Supercar buyers are rich posers. Many never drive their cars at all. Just look at all the 10 year old Ferrari's at the big auctions that have less than 10,000 miles on them.

But once it becomes common knowledge that car A is faster/better than car B. Even posers lose interest.
Could be the case. Still not sure about A then B but that could just be my hang up. But yes, they buy them and sit in the garage.

Although I will say one lad I worked for at a start up, the owner, had a garage full of cars. About 7 different supercars but his F40 stands out the most because he drove it (not well) and drove it hard. I mean almost to the point of stupid. Took one of the older onramps to the freeway too fast, spun it across traffic (thank God didn't hit anyone or they him) and plowed the front fender into the center divider. Money...

There is this Supersnake owner at the dealership I take my car to. The mechanics cringe when they see it. The guy is always bringing it in all banged up and battered. Oh well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.