Sponsored

What is normal coolant temp supposed to be for an EB?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
NOT "cylinder head temp".

It may sound like a stupid question, but all other Mustangs I've had, "normal" coolant temps after driving over an hour and viewed from a mechanical analog temp gauge (AutoMeter) would usually be in the 185-190 range.

I was looking via Engineering Test mode after a 1.5hr drive and came across the "Coolant Temp", where the reading was showing coolant temp was only 80*C, which if I have converted correctly is roughly 176*F, on a day where outside temps are 47*.

Is that temp too low, or within range?

Which may lead to my next observation from ET mode:
There is also a DTC History code C40100 logged.

??

Thanks in advance for any further "EB schooling" on the above notes!
Sponsored

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
That is a normal coolant temp from what I have been seeing with mine 175-190 degrees. Tune + (Adam) emailed Ford to find out what that code is with no reply as of yet.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but my ‘18 GT PP1 just threw this same code C40100 yesterday at random and went in to limp mode. Had the wrench icon and “selected drive mode not available” message. Did you ever find out what the code was from Ford?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but my ‘18 GT PP1 just threw this same code C40100 yesterday at random and went in to limp mode. Had the wrench icon and “selected drive mode not available” message. Did you ever find out what the code was from Ford?
I had created this thread when I had my prior 2016... and that car was at the Ford Service Center so many times for warranty issues, that I assume the code was a non-issue, because they never mentioned it in any of the work orders (and they did multiple scan passes during the ownership of that vehicle)... I also no longer own the car, it was given back in a Ford Buy Back process and I have a 2018 now.

Sorry I can’t be of any more help with that code... maybe someone else can chime in?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'm not sure on the code. I Googled it and it shows an engine exhaust brake code or similar, which we don't have.

As far as actual coolant temp, 170°-190° is normal.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
I'm not sure on the code. I Googled it and it shows an engine exhaust brake code or similar, which we don't have.

As far as actual coolant temp, 170°-190° is normal.
I googled the code and what it brings up is a part for a cummins diesel... Read the full description next time.

Google "Ford Mustang DTC C40100" and it doesn't show up at all View attachment 310669
Sponsored