Sponsored

To Hood Scoop or to not Hood Scoop

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I have a CS as well. I was thinking about a scoop for a long time. But I decided against it. Not because it’s fake, I think some cars look fine with one. But our CS’s have the spears and blacked out vents and I think adding to that would make the front look too “busy”. Your car looks great the way it is IMO. :)
I have to agree with this! I almost got a yellow one myself.
Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'm strongly considering adding a hood scoop (fake of course) to my 16 GT/CS. Either the Roush or the MMD V series scoop (I am not replacing the hood with a composite hood)) in black. I have also looked at adding a thick black stripe down the middle of the hood as an alternative but it doesn't look as aggressive as a hood scoop.

Just looking to see what other members have done or recommend.

Thanks,
20180729_143211.jpg
Good looking car! I personally am not a fan of "fake scoops", although I did install one on my first car (08 V6 Mustang) before I knew any better :facepalm: That said, I did like the looks of it, but I was also younger and thought that my 210hp was true muscle! (still a great first car imho!) On the other hand, I am a fan of the "ram-air" scoops, that are in fact functional, like the Cervini hoods. That said, I am a big fan of stripes, and do think that it is an easy way to make your car look more aggressive. But in the end, to each their own. If you like the scoop, then great! Go for it!
Here's a pic of my '16 with Gt500 style satin black stripes (3 in. CF cowl hood helps a little too I guess....)
IMG_5795.jpg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Don't put that fake junk on your car. Either get an aftermarket hood, or leave it stock. Looks trashy with stick on body parts.
Couldn't agree with this more. The body line gap left between the scoop and stock hood on all these aftermarket pieces really detract IMO.

OP
OP
Babcomdave

Babcomdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I think I am going to go with a 12" Super-snake black stripe down the hood and trunk. Not a wide strip so hopefully the hood doesn't look to busy and if it does then I can remove it.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/black-mustang-super-snake-stripes-2015.html

Thank you all for your feedback. I will post a couple of pictures once I put the stripes on in the next couple of weeks.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
^ Looks like a 70 Mach1 stripe, my favorite one.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
:thumbsup:
I finally installed the hood stripe (and trunk stripe). IMO I think it looks really good and does not make the hood look too busy. No hood-scoop needed.
20180919_122829.jpg
20180919_122942.jpg
I must admit, it looks a hell-of-a lot better than I had imagined:thumbsup:

But why didn’t you carry the stripe all the way down? Just curious....:)

OP
OP
Babcomdave

Babcomdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Going all the way down the front or back actually took it over the edge of making it look to busy with two many black accents overiding the yellow paint. If I didn't have a front license plate bracket I may have considered going all the way down the front and also with the back (for a consistent look). I have a lot of extra material since I didn't have to do the roof so I do have the option to go all the way down with the stripes if I want too in the future. I will probably look at a more aggressive chin spoiler for the next mod.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
@Babcomdave

Not yet installed, MMD V Series from AM, but looking real hard if I want to or not, unfortunately the Ruby Red isn't a perfect match, so it will be going to my body shop for true color matching should I desided to install the scoop.
Like mentioned by OP, the car looks so sleek as is... Delema! Like You.

These pics should give you a good pespective of how agressive the car looks.

2018-08-26 07.56.12.jpg
20180826_101113.jpg

Looks damn good IMO!

Sponsored

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Looks damn good IMO!
Thx, @JimsFury @Voo Doo , Whent to my custom shop yesterday with Voo Doo, It was sunny, we put the scoop on the hood, looks dead on for appearance. And they assured me they could do perfect color correction on the scoop so it would look factory paint.
That being said, my plans are to move forward with this project through this winter..

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Going all the way down the front or back actually took it over the edge of making it look to busy with two many black accents overiding the yellow paint. If I didn't have a front license plate bracket I may have considered going all the way down the front and also with the back (for a consistent look). I have a lot of extra material since I didn't have to do the roof so I do have the option to go all the way down with the stripes if I want too in the future. I will probably look at a more aggressive chin spoiler for the next mod.
I still don’t understand how your chin spoiler is so small. I posted earlier in this thread a pic of the spoiler on my CS and it’s way more aggressive. And mine is OE. :question:

OP
OP
Babcomdave

Babcomdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
My chin spoiler looks like a standard GT one. May have been a screw-up at the factory since the CS is supposed to have a more aggressive spoiler like yours. I think I have found one that I like anyways but it will be a 2019 mod.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would have ford replace the chin spoiler with the correct one for free, if that is how it came...
Sponsored