CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Find another dealership to look at it before doing anything. That is BS putting a stock exhaust on it. You may be better off taking it to a muffler shop for a second opinion.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Took exhaust off and could not hear anything else besides unmuffled exhaust. problem gone. Dealers suck.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Put the OEM exhaust back on can hear ticking even better! Goes back to the dealer on the 20th

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

Sponsored

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Brought it back to the dealer today after putting OEM cat back on...they said Ford has been getting a lot of these and has been replacing short blocks...they have to tear down and inspect and report back to Ford to see the outcome if repair or new short block...guess I have to drive this grocery getter Edge for a while :frown:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I wonder who has the most miles on a replaced engine/block. Since most of these ticks don't start for a few thousand miles, it'd be nice to see if the replaced ones are actual fixes or just ticking (no pun intended) time bombs.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Car has been there 2 weeks...untouched...created a case with Ford to expedite the process...no call back....called again today...talked to service adviser...service manager finally called back...said did cut open oil filter...found very slight amount of metal shavings...told him 2 more weeks and I am filing a lemon law...service manager said will back lemon law 100%

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder who has the most miles on a replaced engine/block. Since most of these ticks don't start for a few thousand miles, it'd be nice to see if the replaced ones are actual fixes or just ticking (no pun intended) time bombs.
28K on mine.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
See if you can get the rod side to side clearance measurements. The dealership could drop the oil pan and check that first as that is believed to be the common cause of the BBQ Tick. Check out the other threads on the BBQ tick, a lot of information has finally been gathered and summarized by myself, GT Pony and a few others.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
After 25 days still nothing touched on the car I have begun the Buyback process with Ford...stay tuned

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I know this is late to the party, but did you happen to shut off the climate controls? I had a pretty loud ticking sound last year that turned out to be a bad bearing in the compressor. I think it was the AC compressor. I had figured out it went away when I shut it all off, but if I recall correctly when I got to the dealer, just shutting off the AC stopped the noise.

I hope I'm wrong because you've been through quite a hassle.

For the record, it did sound just like a BBQ igniter.