Sponsored

Ford/Lemon Law

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Car has been at dealer now for 32 days...have a case rep with Ford for lemon law...do I leave car at the dealer now that it is over the 30 days or can I take it home?
Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Leave it if its not fixed. Also may want to contact an attorney that deals with lemon law in your state. You may be able to recoup some money.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
I want to be able to get after market wheels/tires and put stock ones back on it

Sponsored

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
BBQ tick....2nd time...nothing done still sitting there

Deleted member 35786

Car has been at dealer now for 32 days...have a case rep with Ford for lemon law...do I leave car at the dealer now that it is over the 30 days or can I take it home?
I would assume you read up on this already for your state:

What is a Lemon?

The law defines a lemon as a new motor vehicle (passenger car, combination passenger/commercial van, truck or motorcycle) purchased or leased in the Connecticut which does not conform to the manufacturer’s express warranty and which, after “a reasonable number of attempts” cannot be repaired so that it does conform to that warranty. The law defines a lemon as a new motor vehicle (passenger car, combination passenger/commercial van, truck or motorcycle) purchased or leased in the Connecticut which does not conform to the manufacturer’s express warranty and which, after “a reasonable number of attempts” cannot be repaired so that it does conform to that warranty.

What’s a reasonable number of attempts?

The same problem has to be subjected to a reasonable number of repair attempts and still continue to exist after these attempts at repair.

The law presumes that a “reasonable number” is four. However, if you have less than four repair attempts for the same problem and can justify that this is a reasonable number of repair attempts, and they have been performed within the time frames noted above.

—- OR —-

When the vehicle has been out of service for repair at the dealership for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days or more – not necessarily all at one time – for any number of unrelated problems. These problems must occur within the appropriate time parameters as explained elsewhere in this material.

—- OR —-

In the case of a safety defect which is likely to cause death or serious injury if the vehicle is driven, the defect continues to exist after two (2) or more attempts during the first year of operation or the term of the express warranty, whichever occurs first

These defects must be covered under
the manufacturer’s warranty.

The above information explains the eligibility criteria under the Lemon Law and not the time frames within you must apply. Once you meet the eligibility requirements you may apply any time thereafter.

https://www.carlemon.com/state-lemon-law-statutes/connecticut-lemon-law-rights-consumer-guide.html

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Too many times

When the vehicle has been out of service for repair at the dealership for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days or more – not necessarily all at one time – for any number of unrelated problems. These problems must occur within the appropriate time parameters as explained elsewhere in this material.

Deleted member 35786

Too many times

You obviously have done your homework on educating yourself. Have you set up an appointment with the dealership manager to discuss this professionally before it gets into a messy and lengthy legal quagmire?