OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Last evening when we were headed home from an outing we met a convoy of one of our REMC's here in east central Indiana. Guessing there was a dozen or so utility trucks & you know that they were headed towards the Carolina's.
I often wonder how many different utility companies are involved in some of the major disasters. Good Luck Folks!
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Supplies... check.
Generator... check.
10 miles inland from ocean... check
5 miles from major river... check

We'll be hunkered down! These big storms are scary as heck, but I won't leave the area unless a direct hit is projected.

As an aside... I'm booked to travel to Japan on Sunday... don't see that happening! Unless Florence turns away, East Coast travel will likely be a disaster for days.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Life will be very different for weeks or months to come, unless we get a miracle.
The folks who come to help are great, last storm after 2 weeks of no power a caravan of power trucks from Oklahoma showed up, the neighbors weren’t engaging with them,
I got a cooler filled with Gatorade, water and ice, some wash clothes and cool water, we started talking about deer season, their crew chief said we were probably gonna get power in the morning, but then after some hunting camp stories and a little cooling off they took a vote and asked the chief if they could stay a bit longer and within the hour they threw the fuse closed and said go throw your transfer switch and let’s see. Well we had power and as they left they said thanks for chatting about stuff rather than bitching about the power and our work, most of your neighbors were just self centered on the power.
They were a long way from home and the heat was brutal for them.
I sent a letter to the president of their power company and to the mayor of their small town thanking them for coming.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
From up here north of the border, trust and hope you will all stay safe and come through this massive storm with a minimum of damage.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I often wonder how many different utility companies are involved in some of the major disasters. Good Luck Folks!
A lot.

I have a buddy who works as a line man, some guys live for these events. Triple time 24 hours per day, with all food and hotels covered from the second they roll out to the second they get back to the gate. But they do work their asses off and they speed up the rebuild process tremendously.

Even a well placed tornado will bring utility companies from different states.

Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Live in western NC, flew in from SoCal this morning. Saw tons of trucks on the road headed east. Have had several helicopters fly over the house headed east as well. Hoping for the best for our friends in the east.

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
light wind and no rain here in Pinehurst.....yet

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
light wind and no rain here in Pinehurst.....yet
I expect the worst to hit our area sometime Saturday afternoon and continue on through Monday morning.

Doesn't look like Mother Nature is letting up on this one anytime soon!:rain:

:frown:

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
pine trees starting to sway....wind about 20...no rain

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
How are guys in the east this morning? Just breezy and a few rain drops here in the Hickory area. Still calling for 5+ inches of rain and 25-35 mph winds.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
We continue to pray for low water for all of you and a quick recovery.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
All sun here in JAX, FL. Supposed to be flying to Newark in the morning - no flight warnings or cancellations.

Prayers for those in the thick of it!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
My home was pounded last night by the rain and wind from the storm. I've never seen so much at one time... a little water made it under the garage door but other than that we stayed dry. Hope everyone else fared well.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I have a house in Jacksonville but luckily all fared well and no damage. I'm glad i don't live there full time because I don't have a garage and my poor 350 would have had to weather the storm outside. I hope all in the area fared as well.

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
lots of limbs and straw....and water!! pumped put my crawl space for 2 days...air handler is toast.....BUT MUCH better off than Wilmington and surrounding areas
Sponsored