Sponsored

Bullitt with fresh tint, ppf, and ceramic

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Just got my Bullitt back today. Had the side and back windows tinted with xpel 30% and front windshield with Air Blue 80. Had the front end wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and the whole car, wheels, and windshield done in Ceramic Pro Silver.

I also had the black trim piece on the trunk (the piece that the bullitt gas cap is on) wrapped in PPF too. Every Mustang I've seen has that piece scratched all to hell, so hopefully this will help.

qi44OIf.jpg

2dyyqPq.jpg

Compared to this earlier photo, I think it definitely makes it look glossier and almost a deeper green.
4wUsWJd.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just got my Bullitt back today. Had the side and back windows tinted with xpel 30% and front windshield with Air Blue 80. Had the front end wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and the whole car, wheels, and windshield done in Ceramic Pro Silver.

I also had the black trim piece on the trunk (the piece that the bullitt gas cap is on) wrapped in PPF too. Every Mustang I've seen has that piece scratched all to hell, so hopefully this will help.

Compared to this earlier photo, I think it definitely makes it look glossier and almost a deeper green.
Do you have any bubbles or stretch marks from the Xpel, notably on the hood? I have some and was told and read it may take a week or two to get sorted but I'm apprehensive.

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Do you have any bubbles or stretch marks from the Xpel, notably on the hood? I have some and was told and read it may take a week or two to get sorted but I'm apprehensive.
I didn't. When I got mine there was only one small flaw where the wrap didn't get tucked well under a panel. They fixed it and everything else was fine.

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I didn't. When I got mine there was only one small flaw where the wrap didn't get tucked well under a panel. They fixed it and everything else was fine.
Do you know if they custom cut it or used the mustang pre-cut pieces?

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
They custom cut everything. He ranted about plotters and pre-cuts for a while :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Yeah that's where I think I got bit. Damn. I'll wait it out the next week or two to see where it lands.
The bubbles will probably go away. He said it was common, but mine sat for a few days before I picked it up so there was nothing left.

His issue with pre-cuts and cutting on a plotter was just that they usually didn't wrap the edges under the panels which means they can peel up easier if you pressure wash.

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
very nice! I would love to try this but how do I know if the one installer listed here is any good? Also, what are price ranges for the xpel?

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
very nice! I would love to try this but how do I know if the one installer listed here is any good? Also, what are price ranges for the xpel?
As far as installers go, I went to the local city data forums and all of the people with nice cars took there's to this installer. When I walked in and there was a Porsche Carerra and a Audi R8 sitting there I felt like I was okay.

Prices go anywhere from 500 to 4000 depending on brand and how much of the car you want covered.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looks great Remo! I need to get some new pics of my car in the sun too! Same stuff as you except I got the Ceramic Pro Gold package. Didn't wrap the decklid, that's a good idea. They did ceramic coat it though so hopefully that resists the scratches as well but after my last 3 S550s, trying to keep that panel looking nice was a lost cause haha.

Soton, on the XPEL, usually air bubbles will work themselves out. Have you left your car sitting out in the sun? That'll speed up the process. The pre-cut patterns on the plotter are really good from XPEL supposedly (according to my installer), so that shouldn't create any problems with fitment if it's put on well.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The bubbles will probably go away. He said it was common, but mine sat for a few days before I picked it up so there was nothing left.

His issue with pre-cuts and cutting on a plotter was just that they usually didn't wrap the edges under the panels which means they can peel up easier if you pressure wash.
Remo,
What installer did you use?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
How much was the ceramic coating? Do you know what brand it was?

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
There are several different packages. I did ceramic pro silver/5 year warranty. I got all of the glass, paint, and the wheels done (they didn't take off the wheels in this package). I think I spent about $1500.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
That $1500 was just the ceramic coating and doesn't include the xpel tint?
Sponsored