Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Ford has the Mustang computer set to detect an elevated diff temperature at a lower temp than the other cars in the test.
Yep. What most people (including magazine editors) aren't realizing is that the mustang diff actually has 2 warnings that it gives for the diff; first one is for above normal operating temps, and the second one is an actual overheating warning saying that the diff temp could be detrimental if you keep pushing it
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
For one, the two times were not on the same day, same conditions.
I preached this to the Camaro trolls constantly, but none seemed to care. Time to feed it back to them.

And if we go down the mod path, simply putting Cup 2 tires on the 1LE will make up 3-5 times as many seconds as that 1 second difference.
The tires on a 1LE are not that far behind SC2s. Sorry.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I preached this to the Camaro trolls constantly, but none seemed to care. Time to feed it back to them.

The tires on a 1LE are not that far behind SC2s. Sorry.
It’s always a flip flop. It’s hard to even look at some of these threads because one day it has to be stock vs stock. Another day the cars have to have equal tire. One day same time/condition is okay another it is not and the times can not be compared.

It gets even worse when actual racing happens at the track. Has to be stock vs stock for it to be valid. But then I see a video used to show the Camaro is faster but that is vs a stock Mustang when the Camaro has wider tires apparently and adjusted pressure. Per C6G tire pressure has to be show room stock (venders were slandered over this last year and called liars and scammers for doing what normal people do at the track to run the fastest times).

Then you say this and it’s “oh this fourm is just a bunch of fanbois with slow cars with low ATPs C6G is so much better no one says anything bad there”. Then they go on C6G and complain we won’t burn our cars and buy Camaros because we are insecure and stuff. Honestly it doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s just weak trolling that got old 2 years ago.

If you want a turnkey track car for under 40k buy the 1LE and win that money back when you are racing on the track for $$$. No amount of posts or debates will convince Ford to add coolers to cater to the less than 1% of buyers who plan on going to a track with turns. They don’t care. Rather or not they should is another topic but sales are up even against competition that is multiple tiers above it and cheaper.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
My understanding on the development of the PP2 was that it was an after hours love affair by the Ford Performance folks who tinkered with the setup of a PP1 and gave us the PP2. It was never meant to be a full on track car. Rather a car that is setup better for driving enthusiasts who like to carve up the canyon and mountain roads. IMO if you're looking for a track car, buy a 15-17 and set it up for the track. If you're looking for a car that needs little after market enhancement, buy the PP2.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So go buy Brembos for the rear and your own differential cooler or buy a Camaro. Problem solved. Ford isn't going to read your forum rant.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Factor in a new tremec and axle cooler. Then pp2 runs as good as gt350 for still less money. No new news here.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
For one, the two times were not on the same day, same conditions.

But, if you are going to engineer and install a diff cooler, assuming you can package one in there, and make it reliable, you are:
a) Risking your warranty.
b) Modifying the car.
c) Spending extra money with no guarantee that it will fix it.
d) Simply find out the next thing that overheats in the Ford (likely the transmission that also lacks a cooler)

And if we go down the mod path, simply putting Cup 2 tires on the 1LE will make up 3-5 times as many seconds as that 1 second difference.

Nice try though.
So now diff coolers only work on the 1LE?

Bwahahahaha!

Putting cup 2 tires on a 1LE will yield a 3-5 second difference?

Bwahahaha, you truly are clueless.

Cup 2 tires have been tested on the 1LE, they don't improve times at all as the OEM tires are far better matched for the suspension.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524164&highlight=cup2&page=3

Man this is too easy.

FYI, diff coolers don't void your warranty, and FRPP offers a cheap trans cooler (scoop) that has proven to work very well with the "finned" MT82 transmission.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
So go buy Brembos for the rear and your own differential cooler or buy a Camaro. Problem solved. Ford isn't going to read your forum rant.
Actually Ford is in the middle of restructuring the entire organization specifically to enable vehicle (and other product) focused teams to better respond to customer wants and concerns.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Someone really wanted the PP2 to fail.:giggle:

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Actually Ford is in the middle of restructuring the entire organization specifically to enable vehicle (and other product) focused teams to better respond to customer wants and concerns.
Like removing things like the Focus RS from the US and sedans?

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
All of the tests reports I have read state that the Camaro 1LE is a superior track car based on experienced testers driving the car and raw data. You can add mods, tire changes, etc. and make any car better or into a pure bred race car. But AS TESTED Camaro seems to perform better out of the box. But for actual driving, ergonomics, visibility, power and feel it may be up to the driver as to which car is better suited for them on the track or on the street. In my case I feel that the Mustang is far superior to the Camaro on the street (compared to my 2017 Camaro RS) but it's based on my "feel" and every day driving of the car, not on the track.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Does a GT350 have an actual sensor for the diff temps? I know the GT does not, so the PP2 "over-heating" isn't correct. Without an actual sensor, the car's systems are guessing that it might be over-heating, and shutting the fun down.

Yes, this is a typical Ford cost-cutting fuck-up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.