Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Super Sport owners, what kind of tread life are you getting?

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
I bought a complete set of MPSS last november and just recently had to replace the rears (fronts were still at 6/32). I didn't notate the mileage when I bought the initial set, but I drive roughly 1k miles a month, and pretty conservatively. Seems a bit low I think? I am lowered, but get an alignment after every tire change just to be safe.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I got 20k out of my set, but I ran square 285/35s and rotates them every few months.

Doesn't Michellin have a mileage warranty?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW I wasnt even on the wear bars when I replaced them. Plenty of tread left in the middle of the tire. They wore out and corded on the inside edge.

OP
OP

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got 20k out of my set, but I ran square 285/35s and rotates them every few months.

Doesn't Michellin have a mileage warranty?
They do but I dont think it applies if you can't rotate (which is my case because I'm staggered.)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I know with my staggered PZeros I did run out of rear tire before the fronts wore out, so I'd expect less than 20k if you can't rotate, but more if you're getting even tire wear and actually make it to the wear bars (like I didn't get).

Sponsored

OP
OP

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know with my staggered PZeros I did run out of rear tire before the fronts wore out, so I'd expect less than 20k if you can't rotate, but more if you're getting even tire wear and actually make it to the wear bars (like I didn't get).
Yeah, the rears ran out quickly, but it was at least even. Got down to below 2/32 with the wear bars.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you've been having some fun :) Some road surfaces are more abrasive to tires than others. If you're spinning tires on concrete (as opposed to well polished asphalt) they're going to go quicker.

freight dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT/PP Guard
I replaced my stock Pirelli's just shy of 20,000 mi, but they were really toast well before that. I only have a couple thousand miles on the Michelin's but they are so much better.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I got 20k out of my rears, fronts still looked brand new. Extremely happy with these tires considering with ~800whp they spin quite a bit AND I have nearly 400lbs of sound system in the back. Still getting 20k and gripping good with all that? I won't be using another tire any time soon (Except a MP4S).

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
got 7k out of a set of 305 35 19 MPSS before they hit the wear bars, they're wearing even on both rears which so dont think its an alignment issue. lots of autocross though. i'm not too surprised. the continental extremecontactsports i had before lasted about the same. i figure at the rate im going through tires might as well go for grip. thinking about just getting RE71s next.

Sponsored

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
I am thinking of buying a set of these to replace my Nitto Nt05s
reviews are positive and they make my sizes :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
got 7k out of a set of 305 35 19 MPSS before they hit the wear bars, they're wearing even on both rears which so dont think its an alignment issue. lots of autocross though. i'm not too surprised. the continental extremecontactsports i had before lasted about the same. i figure at the rate im going through tires might as well go for grip. thinking about just getting RE71s next.
RE71Rs put the shame on the MPSS for autox, I have had both in the same sizes. If you haven’t tried the RE71Rs for yourself yet, do it!

7k for MPSS is atypical tho, you should get more than double that if you just daily drive them and don’t autox them. Autox is very hard on tires, I estimate close to 100 miles of street wear in just one autox run.
Sponsored