Introduce yourself!!

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
C226F75A-0BB0-47A9-AD9C-D8AE561BBA4F.jpeg
Hey I’m marvin, I’m from the Rockland County New York area. I just picked up my 18’ GT Manual from Koons Sterling Ford.
*virtual high five* for going with a stick :like:
Sponsored

SmalliesRUs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The 2017 Shelby GT350, A Love Story...

20180827_145232-01.jpeg

I'm writing this as a not-quite middle-aged man who hasn’t owned a manual since I was shifting a 2004 Saab 9-3 back and forth to work in my mid-20s. My current vehicle is a leased 2016 Chevy Silverado, optioned pretty well and I signed those papers because I was looking for a vehicle to serve as a “do all” for work and some outdoor activities. Aside from the transmission blowing itself apart at 36k, not a bad vehicle.

I had always missed driving a stick since that Saab and I never made the leap to buy a car for the purpose of driving to have fun, it’s always been utilitarian to me. Late last fall I came across a 2016 GT 5.0 Manual with one owner, low miles, a really throaty Magnaflow Competition cat back. The car sounded and looked great but after a weekend with it, the tune Ford applied made it a pretty terrible highway driver and it the trim didn’t have the switch to adjust the valves. Super fun to drive, anybody with a S550 out there should feel blessed. That fire it started in me just cost me a lot of money!

The next manual car I drove was about 6 months later and it was a Shelby. The car was new but had a small ding in the door and was missing the front S-H-E-L-B-Y piece of the body kit/scoop- is scoop what it’s called? Anyway, it was the baddest car I had ever driven but it just didn’t feel right. With 7 payments left on my truck I was going to eat a little too much extra cash too. I actually did make an offer but told them they’d need to store it for a few months, they said they’d consider it (which probably wasn’t true) but they ended up selling it the same day.

To get some closure, I decided to drive a car I had been keeping in the back of my mind for a while- a ‘16+ Camaro SS. I had a hard time believing it would feel like the Shelby but it wasn’t much out of my way, so I did. It was a brand new 1SS off the lot in a color I liked. Almost immediately, I knew it just wasn’t going to be the car for me. Between the poor visibility, the number of them on the road and the general fun factor of driving it, she was a nice car but she was no Mustang. I found it to be too refined in a way and there was nothing raw about it. My personal preference is that I like a softer clutch and, for that reason, I really like that the Shelby feels like butter from gear to gear. Don’t get me wrong, the SS is an extremely fast car but it’s faster than it feels. Hope that makes sense.

As August 2018 neared an end, the car I had been waiting for popped up at a local dealer. I actually found the original owner on this forum and I can tell he is a very meticulous person who cares about this car and sold it to the dealer as a last resort- I think he actually cares who is behind the wheel. He even made arrangements to get me the crankshaft and some other items. Real good dude, and thankful I found him so thankful for this community.

As for the car, it’s the one I’ve always wanted- it just took me a little while to find it.

Style
Visually, there isn’t honestly a car I like looking at more. I really think Ford nailed the design- they could have invested more in the interior but that would increase the cost and personally, I’d rather have it the way it is.

Feel
Between the clutch, gear box, sticky tires and ride height this car feels perfect to me. I am also impressed with how easy this car is to drive and with the visibility. It could be someone’s first manual, and I can’t think of another car with 526hp that I could say that about. I wouldn’t change a thing about the way this car feels.

Power
On paper, the torque number is low and some are critical. However, that power band is electric. It’s easy to look at two numbers and draw your conclusions but I’d just suggest that anyone doing that needs to spend 10 or 15 minutes in this car. I have pushed it a couple times now- the power is there and the gear is long. Remember the first time you coasted down a hill on your bike? It’s that fun, just for adults.

Value
This car really seems like a solid value and I know with the GT500 coming there might be some uncertainty in terms of how it’ll impact the 350s but I have a tough time picturing a world where there isn’t a buyer for a car like this one. I think we’re safe and even if there’s an initial dip, it’ll come back.

Technology
I have always liked Ford’s offering from a technology standpoint and the GT350 with the Technology package is no different. Easy to sync with your mobile devices, useful backup cam and performance features related to steering, suspension and exhaust come as part of the Tech pack too. I am particularly impressed with the exhaust value closure- this car literally turns from a beast to a mouse if you need it to and for my wife and I with a potentially important phone call or a sleeping child, I love having this option.

Exhaust
I’ll end with potentially my favorite part- the exhaust. This vehicle does have the resonator removed and I am glad it does. The sounds are extremely raw and the crackles are amazing when you let off the gas, even at low RPM. Pushing that little red button puts a childlike smile on my face every single time.

I look forward to many years of enjoying the Shelby GT350 and my goal is to put around 3k miles on it annually, hit a couple shows or car cruises here and there and keep it in excellent condition.

20180915_193525-02.jpeg

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
Hi guys,

New member here. I got my 2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT MT April of this year and been loving every minute of it. This is my second Mustang so far but I've been into Mustangs and cars in general. I previously had a 2000 Mustang GT which I traded in when I got my 2015. Haven't really done much as far as mods other than getting the light tint kit as well as a resonator delete and Pypes axlebacks.

Here's a recent pic of "Ruby" and an exhaust vid.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]fCDoRCfJU3g[/MEDIA]"]
IMG_1428 (2).jpg

Back in a Mustang again after a year and half of owning a Focus ST :)

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Hello. I am new here. I don't have a picture. It is at the shop getting tint. I bought this 2018 Royal Crimson GT base with the 301A, 10spd Auto and Nav. Tan cloth interior. It also has the 18 inch two tone wheels that have the sort of matt black pockets and aluminum spokes. I am not one to do a lot of performance modes, not sure this thing needs it (other than tires maybe and premium gas). Anyway, I just had a few beers and ordered a whole bunch of junk to make it look sort of like the old Mach 1. Cervini upper and lower grill, Lower haste rocker stripe in black matt that will run from the back of the front tires to the rear bumper. Cervini quarter window and side scoops (both painted in crimson red to match) a set of matt black 5.0 badges for the sides and a set of ABS rear window louvers. It should be pretty ghetto or either close to the look of that 69 Mach 1 I remember seeing at a car show and falling in love with as a child....will find out with all the crap gets here and gets installed. I am going to post about it in the Royal Crimson thread...if I can find it again that is....

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Hey everyone - I’m Jason. Glad to have found this forum.

Three weeks ago I bought a 2019 GT PP1 (400A) Magnetic Metallic with the black leather interior. It is by far my favorite color combo (my F150 FX4 is the same color scheme). It is the MT82 and it has 3:73’s.

I love this car. I just hit the 1000 mile mark today. It isn’t my daily but I wanted to get it to the 1k mark and it’s fun to drive obviously.

I come from the Fox Body and SN-95 days so a Coyote is so much different than what I’m used to. I’ve been out of the Mustang game for about ten years and the itch was strong to get back into it.

I’m still debating on the exhaust but it’s betwen the Borla Atak and Corsa Extreme. I’ll be lowering it on the Eibach Sportlines.

The only thing I’ve done so far is tint and I ordered my Steeda clutch spring and hood struts today.

Previously I’ve owned an 87GT, 91GT, 92 Notch and 94GT.

Looking forward to reading everything I can and learning about this car.
10AEB298-BD04-4FB2-9FDE-10A11C30066B.jpeg
3010E50F-FABC-42C6-91FB-330658636542.jpeg
71A1C583-3848-4472-9025-6D88D65261F3.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

S757SFINEST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Good evening thanks for allowing me to join your forum I'm a new mustang owner. I purchased this magnetic grey 2019 Mustang GT a few weeks ago it has the 10 speed with 3.55 gears performance pack level 1 with the 401a package.

My wife purchased a kia stinger a couple weeks before i took the dive, she kind of tempted me to trade in my 96 F350 to get this, I've always wanted a mustang, my dad had a 96 cobra and I've always loved that car.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn more about my mustang and be able to fully enjoy this beautiful car thanks for letting me join again.
20180828_211521.jpg
20180904_225321.jpg
20180903_140154 (1) (1).jpg
20180616_023907.jpg

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good evening thanks for allowing me to join your forum I'm a new mustang owner. I purchased this magnetic grey 2019 Mustang GT a few weeks ago it has the 10 speed with 3.55 gears performance pack level 1 with the 401a package.

My wife purchased a kia stinger a couple weeks before i took the dive, she kind of tempted me to trade in my 96 F350 to get this, I've always wanted a mustang, my dad had a 96 cobra and I've always loved that car.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn more about my mustang and be able to fully enjoy this beautiful car thanks for letting me join again.
20180828_211521.jpg
20180904_225321.jpg
20180903_140154 (1) (1).jpg
20180616_023907.jpg
Very nice.

We may run across each other around the area. I can see from the front plate that you’re in the Houston area too.

I got mine from Auto Nation in Katy.

S757SFINEST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Very nice.

We may run across each other around the area. I can see from the front plate that you’re in the Houston area too.

I got mine from Auto Nation in Katy.
Friendly ford had a offer that was really good, I couldnt pass it up

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Hi everyone. New to the forum. As my name states, I am in Orlando FL. Previously owned a '93 LX 5.0 but I sold it before going overseas. I regret selling it. I am currently in the market for a 2019 GT Premium PP2 Orange Fury. Hopefully if everything goes well, I'll be posting pics of my new car in a few months. Cheers.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
Living in the SF Bay Area 55 years old. Formally into Vintage Mustangs now into modern muscle.

I’m diving into the next adventure. Currently own a 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow. Mostly a weekend canyon carver.
In the hunt for either:
Fury Orange GT with PP2
Fury Orange GT350
Or 2014 GT500

Or maybe just keep the Boss . . .

Hopping to find the answers here on 6G
Sponsored