pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm looking for experiences that fellow Stangers may have had with the mounts. I had them installed while doing some other suspension bits and have noticed a pretty consistent "popping" noise coming from both sides:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and noise does not go away. I was wondering if someone else has this noise and is considered normal. I assume on a heavily tracked car, the mounts make a big difference, and they look and feel like stout pieces, but fairly noisy, I would think for a daily driver/light duty track, weekend warrior type set up. Anyone have any feedback or experiences?

Thanks!
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
No they should not make any noise whatsoever. PM your contact number and we will go over the install. together
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
I also just installed these. I'm guessing that the popping may be loose rear axle nuts made more prominate due to Steeda's solid spherical mouints.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have the same problem. Took them off and clunking went away. This was after several torque checks/retorques. It's a shame, as they do quite a bit for the ride.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

I sent your info to our team - you should expect a follow-up in the morning. I apologize for the delay but we will get you taken care of.

TJ

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Mine have the same problem. Took them off and clunking went away. This was after several torque checks/retorques. It's a shame, as they do quite a bit for the ride.
That really sucks as they were on my to-do list. What's the total consensus on the popping/clunking? Is there anyone who doesn't have this happen?

Did you sell or return yours?

OP
OP
pgonza2723

pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

I sent your info to our team - you should expect a follow-up in the morning. I apologize for the delay but we will get you taken care of.

TJ
I appreciate reaching out. I replied to your PM. I'll update the thread with any findings gentleman.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I don't hear or feel anything coming from mine at all...now diff noise, that's another story, lol.(has nothing to do with these mounts)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That really sucks as they were on my to-do list. What's the total consensus on the popping/clunking? Is there anyone who doesn't have this happen?

My personal 2018 has the billet mounts with several thousand miles no issues plus, I on track the car. We have sold hundreds with no issues I. Some cases it was knock back in the rear shock. If you spin the shock shaft inside the damper with a air gun you will damage the shock and it will make the same popping noise, They have a lifetime guarantee, so there are no worries.
Steeda Tech

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I had a clunking noise on the passenger side, took 4 tries and finally torquing the top nut down with some blue lock-tite to resolve it. No issues for about 2000 miles now.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
On first test drive I had the popping/clicking. I gave the top nut the business with an open-faced socket and a hex key and all is well.

I just drove 2000km in 4 days, mostly on intense roads I may add, and still enjoy the smoother ride with no issues.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So it's usually a case of the shock's own nut that either isn't tight to begin with or is more susceptible to loosening over time and miles?

pgonza - is there any way you can keep the advertising for using Docs offline and Google Chrome from showing up? It's quite annoying to have to click "No Thanks" every time it pops up over your video picture.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

These are the second set I've gotten. The first had no such issue over 5000+ miles.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
These are the second set I've gotten. The first had no such issue over 5000+ miles.
Gentlemen, the issue has been corrected it was only a few with the bearings not to spec. The mounts that the OP purchased was over a year ago when we had the isolated bearings not to spec.

Thank you,

Steeda tech

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Gentlemen, the issue has been corrected it was only a few with the bearings not to spec. The mounts that the OP purchased was over a year ago when we had the isolated bearings not to spec.

Thank you,

Steeda tech
Pretty sure that's what I have too. No worries others. These are good for a nice ride improvement.
Sponsored