K0047 showed up, but damaged...

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, I waited 5 months and it showed up damaged. Most likely by the trucking company moving it down here to Germany. Looks like someone just dropped something large and metal on it. There are multiple chips and about 10 to 12 dents. Also, a few chips on wheel. I'm pretty sure it will need dent removal and repainting of the read deck lid and rear quarter panel. Maybe a new wheel. Really sucks. We will see what the dealer wants to do tomorrow.
rps20180919_204045red.jpg
rps20180919_204131red.jpg
Sponsored

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Ouch, that's brutal. Mine had 3 scratches on a side panel, but nothing like that. For what it's worth, the dealer fixed it and I can't tell it was ever damaged.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
That's down right abuse! Unfortunately you can't say "i'm not accepting it, get me another one" You have to put up with it...

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Geez that’s horrid. Painful to see, it looks like a loose chain rapped against it. Sorry to hear as you’ll. Red to wait longer to have it fixed.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Man, what is so hard about shipping a car? Load it on, don't touch it, run into anything or let the doors hit anything, and then unload it. Ford's shipping company must hire some real neanderthals. Sheesh. Hope it all gets worked out for you Doobie!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
So I think these are my options.

Wait for the fix and see how it turns out. Possible compensation for diminished value, but dealership doesn't think the repainted panels will lower the value.

Wait for next Bullitt. Who knows how long that will take?

I test drove an M2 competition today. I get 5k off here in Germany so price is almost a wash. It just doesnt have the sound and I prefer the fastback look. M2 is very capable, fun, and fast.

Just take a full refund and walk away.

I have a couple weeks to decide.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I'm sorry to hear of this damage; it must be very frustrating. i had a similar situation way back in 1978 with one of the first RX-7's to be delivered; a dealership customer backed into "my" car not 20 minutes after it was unloaded from the transporter.

No one can tell you what to do, but you do have choices. The M2C is fun car, likely lots more fun than our M4 vert. If it were my decision to make, I'd let them repair the panels, and then decide if I could be happy about the repair in 6 months or not.

Last edited:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
What an absolute buzzkill, best of luck man

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah I agree with aileron, have them do the fix, see how it looks and then decide. If the bodyshop is good, it'll look the same or better than it did from the factory.

Lorenzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lorenzo
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 356 Speedster
A nightmare! Very sorry to hear that bad news. I'm afraid that You will always see some differences after the paint job.
I understand that German market will get 500 Bullitts, much more than here in Italy, (just 68), so You may have a good chance to get another one in a short time?
Finally, it seems that Your Bullitt has red tail lights, not the ugly clear euro lenses, how is it?

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Finally, it seems that Your Bullitt has red tail lights, not the ugly clear euro lenses, how is it?
Just noticed that. Interesting! Wonder what the "deal" with that is? I assumed all cars for the EU would have the clear lens.

OP
OP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
So my car is US Spec. I purchased it through Military Auto Source here in Germany. I was told that 14 of the 30 Bullitt allocated to them are taken. If I wait for the next one, I would probably be waiting for it to be built all over again. It's a very long process.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So I think these are my options.

Wait for the fix and see how it turns out. Possible compensation for diminished value, but dealership doesn't think the repainted panels will lower the value.
That's a shame. Just FWIW, regarding value, even if not documented it's easy to tell repaints with a depth reader. "human" painters have to lay paint much thicker than robots at factory.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I see your build date was 06/21, so that will be a fairly low chassis number, likely first 100 or close. Obviously waiting for a replacement will mean a much higher chassis number. As previously said, I would wait for it to be repaired and then decide as it's all cosmetic. To me the lower chassis number would be preferable.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Honestly, and it sort of pains me to say this - I'd get my money back, get that M2 with the $5K discount, and get on with life. Waiting around for a car to be repainted, dealing with the quality, a painted new car, I think that would bother me - and I certainly wouldn't wait another X weeks.

With the M2 you can walk into a dealer, do an in person inspection, and it's kind of cool to score a BMW in Germany :)
Sponsored