Sponsored

Help Me Decide - Cradle Bushings

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Might not be where it's coming from so much as what the specific modeshapes involved look like/where else they pop up. At minimum, I'd expect that by the time a decent job of 'matting was done for cradle vibrations that you'd have added more 'mat than you would for quieting exhaust-driven vibrations.

But I think OP's car is more of a competition car, for which a lot of added weight wouldn't be desired (and some amount more NVH at least tolerated).

Norm

This guy gutted his GT . Added roll bars . More or less created a purpose built drag car .

Now how and why would any who be considering NVH at this point in a build ?
The objective is to eliminate weight as much as possible and strengthen the drivetrane , more or less as power increases ..

1 must conclude than that only weaknesses in the rear need to be addressed .
Chasing tenths ........................................................................
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Might not be where it's coming from so much as what the specific modeshapes involved look like/where else they pop up. At minimum, I'd expect that by the time a decent job of 'matting was done for cradle vibrations that you'd have added more 'mat than you would for quieting exhaust-driven vibrations.

But I think OP's car is more of a competition car, for which a lot of added weight wouldn't be desired (and some amount more NVH at least tolerated).

Norm
Exactly this. Thanks for covering while I was on the road today Norm lol.

OP
OP

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
This is mostly about balancing current needs and future plans. I realize most of this is overkill at current power levels (still crazy we can talk like that about 800whp), but someday car will have built motor and who knows how much more boost. Once I get done with my current list, I think the cradle-to-body bushings will be the only rubber left in the IRS. If I didn't already have the CB005 it would be a no brainer to go solid, but as most have suggested I'll stick with the lockout kit for now.

The only reason I mentioned NVH at all is because this is still very much a street car. NVH not a "concern" as it is obviously a purpose built car and can be tolerated, but it's part of the conversation.

Couple of current status pics:

Stripped Cradle
irs-06.jpg

Fitting Watson Roll Bar
roll bar 03.jpg

roll bar 04.jpg

OP
OP

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Also, someone asked about times, so far we've been 7.01 @ 105+ in the 1/8. That's with a 1.75 60' and shifting at 6800. We were trying to get the trans gremlins worked out to shift around 7400 last time out but couldn't solve it that night. I hope to get back to the track (and 1/4 mile this time) at least once more before winter with the new converter, etc., but that's not a guarantee with my schedule. Right now each night I choose between sleep and turning wrenches. :like:

This winter I will be going to drag brakes and 15" rears. I have most of the parts now, but I have to draw the line somewhere and get this thing back together soon. I also still have an '18 manifold sitting around...

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
@rts9364 have you looked at the BMR set up on their drag car ?

OP
OP

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
@rts9364 have you looked at the BMR set up on their drag car ?
I have seen his recommendations in several places in threads and videos, recipes for 1.2 60' times, etc. Is that what you mean?
Sponsored