Sponsored

Painted Brembo Brakes

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was wondering who has painted their brembo brakes as I am considering painting mine now and can't decide which paint option do go with whether it's aerosol (VHT or Duplicolor) or liquid paint (G2). I'm leaning towards G2 at the moment but I really just want the best option outside from purchasing red brembo calipers. I'm tired of the grey look.

Do you have painted brembo calipers?
Do you store your car outside or is it garaged mostly?
Is your car a daily?
How many years have you had them painted?
Which paint option did you decide to go with?

Thanks all,
NoX
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Type of brake doesn't really matter.

I had red G2 on my '15 and it looked as good as new when I traded it in 3 months ago (had the car 2.5ish years).It was a base model daily-driven in the summer and winter and it lived outside, so snow/ice/sand/salt etc. 27,000 miles, had the calipers painted for probably 23-24k of those. It's epoxy paint so it'll last forever and won't really change unless you start hacking at it. Doesn't even require a clear-coat.

Have the Brembos on the '18 and did G2 again, and it looks awesome again. You can get matched colors with it which is great (more expensive though). It's super easy to do, requires less taping etc. Only thing I did different with the '18 than the '15 was scrape/brush off most of the original Brembo decal so it wouldn't show through at all as a bump in the new paint, and then got vinyl Brembo decals to put over the G2.

Don't have pics of the '18 though, sorry.