Help! Oil cooler for 2018 Mustang GT

dejxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Federico
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustag GT PP
So, im having some oil temp issues at the track. Solution would be na oil cooler of course. But since i cant find any kit, only the Mishimoto "universal" oil cooler, i was wondering if anyone has installed ann oil cooler in the 2018 Mustang GT (auto) with PP.
Also thinking about installing na oil temp gauge (since they didnt put one...), but apparently Ford doesnt use a dedicated sensor for oil temp?? just a calculated table?

Appreciate any help!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

dejxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Federico
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustag GT PP

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
First change tstat to reische 170 or just remove it.
This will increase flow rate thru coolant to oil cooler.
You can also add an additional low restriction small radiator in drivers side fender and direct coolant first thru that to get additional temperature drop before coolant goes thru oil cooler. (Small rad plus two additional hoses).

Alternatively, you can go full oil cooler via FRPP oil cooler manifold that replaces stock cooler; however, be aware a drivers front blowout can damage oil rad and bring oil pressure to zero fast.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Is there an oil temp PID for the android torque app? Ive been trying to set up my torque app to show IAT2 and Oil temp but the PIDS I have tried have not worked =/

I had a great torque app setup on my 2009 cts-v :

t0JiqxD.jpg

audioslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Since I have also problems with my 2018 GT PP I wanted to know which Oil Cooler to install. The Mishimoto "universal" oil cooler seems to be the only one that fits?
I read in the reviews it may not fit without addional parts?
I'm not shure if the Oil Cooler of MMR fits on the 2018 model..

OP
OP

dejxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Federico
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustag GT PP
Since I have also problems with my 2018 GT PP I wanted to know which Oil Cooler to install. The Mishimoto "universal" oil cooler seems to be the only one that fits?
I read in the reviews it may not fit without addional parts?
I'm not shure if the Oil Cooler of MMR fits on the 2018 model..
So far i coulnt find any specific kit for the 2018 Mustang ... all that its left are the universal kits, which probably fits with some work. But personally ill wait for a kit specific to this model.

Sponsored

jnoto1971

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Fastback
So, im having some oil temp issues at the track. Solution would be na oil cooler of course. But since i cant find any kit, only the Mishimoto "universal" oil cooler, i was wondering if anyone has installed ann oil cooler in the 2018 Mustang GT (auto) with PP.
Also thinking about installing na oil temp gauge (since they didnt put one...), but apparently Ford doesnt use a dedicated sensor for oil temp?? just a calculated table?

Appreciate any help!!!
Appreciate you posting this. I too am having oil temp issues at the track. Runs at the edge of green/yellow and even had a “reduced power” event once. I also saw that MM oil cooler but am concerned over the fit.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
From speaking with Mishimoto, the 15-17 kit does fit with a small adjustment. However if you have an auto, you should be placing it down below at the bottom grill. I believe there was a guy in the road race forum that did this because in the stock location it was messing with his trans cooler.

I have one for sale btw if you're interested in saving some money new.
Sponsored