Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If we had already set the bar, then internal competition is good. jack of all trades, master of none may be good to some, but..
Yeah, some people want a purpose built machine. I'd be OK with something that was really good at multiple things. Though it will likely be out of price point with ADM anyway.

Except if it's auto only, it can't be the ultimate Mustang.
Having a choice would be ideal. A good DCT would be my choice these days I think.
Sponsored

Last edited:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
LT5 750hp+ Camaro?

https://www.torquenews.com/106/myst...ising-around-gm-proving-grounds#comment-71746

Wonder if it'll hit the road before the GT500 :giggle:

Of course, its nothing more than a rumor, but I kind of hope its true...........more 750+hp muscle cars can only be a good thing in my book! :rockon:
It's very likely team Camaro is looking to rain on the new GT500's parade like the 13 GT500 did to the 2012 ZL1. Another reason why the GT500s wait is frustrating and it needs to be something amazing at this point. Plus team Camaro has the advantage of the Corvette team getting a lot of the engine and powertrain work out of the way with the ZR1 Vette.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's very likely team Camaro is looking to rain on the new GT500's parade like the 13 GT500 did to the 2012 ZL1. Another reason why the GT500s wait is frustrating and it needs to be something amazing at this point. Plus team Camaro has the advantage of the Corvette team getting a lot of the engine and powertrain work out of the way with the ZR1 Vette.
Yeah, if I was in charge of that group, I'd develop the LT5 vehicle, sit on it, let the GT500 hit, then come back with a lighter car, more HP, proven platform/engine. :D

Of course, that might not sit will with the bean counters (that's the __real__ enemy ...)

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I doubt that happens. There is no way a Crapmaro will have more power than the vette.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I doubt that happens. There is no way a Crapmaro Camaro will have more power than the vette.
He didn't say more, he implied using the LT5, which is sitting at 755HP - and people said the same thing about the ZL1, i.e., "No way the LT4 in the Camaro will be the same as the Vette", but then there it was, the _same_ LT4 specs as the one used in the Z06 - and it's even backed up by a superior 10-speed transmission and better cooling.

I think the real question is: will GM allow the Vette to retain the unique performance spot in their product line. I'm thinking maybe, this is more just about speculation on how they *could* respond to the GT500 if they wanted to play that game (which is good for all of us consumers).

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ford waited too long with this car.

Red Eye and various Chevies are going to be at worst on par with it, most likely ahead.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Or, Ford is wise to this super Camaro and is frantically pissing around trying to figure out how to one-up it before it's revealed, assuming the power number won't exceed that of the Corvette....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Dodge did it .. I dont see why Chevy couldn't either, besides, if they drop the top dog mid engine out of the gate, its rumored to be around 800hp. just saying... it COULD happen. probably wont but never say never.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Since we're off the rails again and talking about everything BUT leaked pics and info.....
maxresdefau1lt.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Torque of the Z06 cannot be takened lightly

Having driven many FI cars especially the supercharged cars I found it very easy to put one of these HP Mustangs into a guard rail and personally found out the hard just how quickly things can happen just as this individual experienced.

After having seen and experienced the effects of a SC GT500 car back in 2009 and what can happen in a quick instant along with experiencing the overall much improved driving experience of driving NA HP Mustangs such as the Boss 302 LS and GT350R's I am more than happy to drive a NA Mustang even if I have to give up some much additional torque and HP.

It was not all that long ago that I had the opportunity to drive a 727 HP Petty Garage Mustang for a weekend and almost lost it in a number of occasions based on the SC immediately kicking in (and cold tires) even in 3rd gear. It was a hand full to say the least in all gears.

After driving a 2006 Ford GT for a weekend I also found that I also had to be very careful as to how much throttle could be applied to this car as well as they are extremely fast and quick car in all gears as well.

From my standpoint the overall experience of driving a NA Mustang is very much more rewarding and satisfying than driving a FI HP automobile/Mustang and that has been echoed by many Ford professional drivers that I have come to know and communicated with on a regular basis.

Each to their own but I certainly know what I prefer.

:sunglasses:
DSCF1763.JPG
DSCF1780.JPG

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Just to change the subject a little. I hope Ford puts quicker steering in the coming GT500. The steering ratio better be at least 12:1.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Almost October, and still not word on this GT500. I think Ford has fallen short of their original goals and are buying time to try and find a fix.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Because it has a lot less power...

No doubt my GT350 was easier to drive than my Z06 since the power doesn’t really come on until after 3500RPM. With that’s said the Vette isn’t hard to drive hard.
Not true at all. The Z06 simply has too much power for its chassis. The GT350/R, that is not the case. The chassis can handle the power it has and a lot more. Similar cars such as the Viper ACR has been said to be very easy to drive on track and very friendly at the limit, and they have near enough the same outputs as the Z06. It simply doesn't put power down well enough. And you saying it isn't hard to drive hard, I don't mean to be rude, but you are by no means, not even remotely, pushing that car hard. When a racer as seasoned, well experienced, and skilled as Randy says its a very difficult car to drive at the limit, I think its safe to say that's more accurate than the average joe "pushing" it along a backroad.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Would be great if Ford would give us something - just to get these threads back on point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.