Is this alignment OK?

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
I just finished installing Steeda non-adjustable struts and shocks with BMR SP080 springs. While it was being aligned the tech f'd up his hand while trying to loosen the front strut bolts. He was using a 12" wrench after I told him he was going to need a little more leverage then that! He had to leave. Another guy ( not an alignment expert) finished it up. So, I ended up with the following:

F/R Camber: -1.5
L/F Camber: -1.5
R/F Toe: .01 toe-in
L/F Toe: .02 toe-in
L/R Caster: 7.6

R/R Camber: -1.9
L/R Camber: -1.9
R/R Toe: .11 toe-in
L/R Toe: .09 toe-in

I told them not to worry about it. Does this look like a streetable set-up for the time being.
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing Steeda non-adjustable struts and shocks with BMR SP080 springs. While it was being aligned the tech f'd up his hand while trying to loosen the front strut bolts. He was using a 12" wrench after I told him he was going to need a little more leverage then that! He had to leave. Another guy ( not an alignment expert) finished it up. So, I ended up with the following:

I told them not to worry about it. Does this look like a streetable set-up for the time being.
You’ll be fine with those numbers, in fact the toe settings are great for a pure street setup. Next go around have your rear camber equal to or less than the front camber and you’ll be better off.

OP
OP
Badpony

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
Yeah, I was more concerned with rear camber settings than anything else. I was told the rear should be less than the front. It handIes great, steers straight and corners like stink on ####. I have one of those lifetime alignments with Firestone. The tech is very good and loves to play with hi-po/hotrod alignments. I guess I'll have to wait until his hand is better...LOL!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Thats very close to the Ford Racing track specs which are -1.55 camber up front and -1.98 rear. The toe looks good. Sounds like a good alignment. I've run these settings before.

That being said and considering you are using BMR springs, you may want to alter it slightly to Kelly's recommended alignment specs and bring the rear camber down on your next alignment. You might like it better.

After talking with @BmacIL, we took Kelly's recommended alignment specs and added -.2-.3 more camber to both front and rear for a more "balanced" aggressive street setup. Apparently the front camber gain is **** on these cars, hence more negative front camber relative to the rear. The rear camber gain on these cars is good. These are my alignment specs attached.

It feels really balanced and honestly the best it's ever felt. I'm realizing that it's good to use a little less negative camber in the rear. The first because of the reason I posted above and the second because less negative camber in the rear means more straight line traction.

But bottom line I think your alignment is good. Roll with that for awhile and see how you like it. When I ran these specs the car felt like it could slingshot around corners LOL
Alignment Sheet 9-12-18.JPG

OP
OP
Badpony

Badpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB V6
Thanks Blue. Like I said it corners really well ( neutral at enty and a little oversteer on exit) and feels great on the street. Close to Ford's track specs is an unexpected plus! It's nice to get something once in a while that I wasn't expecting. My friend who races a pretty spece'd out Focus, invited me to an event at TGPR next month. I see how it does there!
Sponsored