Sponsored

Does the US Bullitt have the leather wrapped centre console?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
First appearance in the UK of the Bullitt shows not apparently but the GT gets it as standard over here...

What do you get in the US on the Bullitt?
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Real leather? Not so sure. I would be surprised. Will have a closer look....

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Real leather? Not so sure. I would be surprised. Will have a closer look....
OK correction it comes as part of the custom pack on the GT over here:

"Includes B&O PLAY 1000w 12-speaker premium audio system; Satellite Navigation; Climate controlled seats; Ebony partial leather wrapped centre-console"

But not in the Bullitt which is a more expensive car so just curious

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
OK correction it comes as part of the custom pack on the GT over here:

"Includes B&O PLAY 1000w 12-speaker premium audio system; Satellite Navigation; Climate controlled seats; Ebony partial leather wrapped centre-console"

But not in the Bullitt which is a more expensive car so just curious
Ford Canada website does not use the word leather. So, I do not believe it is leather.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The center console uses the same material as the 401A package, it may be real leather but it doesn't feel as nice as the seats. I assumed it was just a softer touch imitation. A nice upgrade regardless.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Thanks for that guys

The first one that I am aware of at a dealer in the UK I am told does not have the leather/soft touch wrapped centre console. I can't check for myself as the vehicle is over 300 miles away...

It is registered and road taxed and insured as I've checked that online so I'm assuming it's not a pre-production model

Could this be because it has the Recaro seats?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that guys

The first one that I am aware of at a dealer in the UK I am told does not have the leather/soft touch wrapped centre console. I can't check for myself as the vehicle is over 300 miles away...

It is registered and road taxed and insured as I've checked that online so I'm assuming it's not a pre-production model

Could this be because it has the Recaro seats?
I would be surprised if it wasn't "leather/soft touch" If it is a production car it is likely the same as the other Bullitts.

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I would be surprised if it wasn't "leather/soft touch" If it is a production car it is likely the same as the other Bullitts.
We're already aware that a bunch of cool stuff is missing from the export model including quite a few of the horses...

3.73LSD
Strut brace
Gauge pack
Some green stitched trim?
& Compulsory Recaros in the UK

Before I fork out quite sum of money for a car which is only a a few hundred dollars shy of a BMW M2 competition I'm trying to establish exactly what I've ordered....and trying not to be disheartened :)

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
It is impossible for me to drive a car without a leather center console!!!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Richard,

I think your UK RHD Bullitts should have a centre console like what we are getting here in Australia:

Check out the second photo in this link:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/first-australian-rhd-bullitt-landed.109613/

Also, regardless of what it comes with we believe we are still getting a special car; we never had the gauges and the strut brace in our Mustangs in the first place and the same goes for the Torsen LSD. The brace can be easily resolved if we're serious in doing something about it. Our Mustangs have also been a bit down in power compared to our American cousins but the Bullitt at 345kW will still have a bit more than other MY19 Mustangs here in Oz.

I wouldn't pull out too soon, try and see one for your local market in person before deciding.

Cheers

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
We're already aware that a bunch of cool stuff is missing from the export model including quite a few of the horses...

Before I fork out quite sum of money for a car which is only a a few hundred dollars shy of a BMW M2 competition I'm trying to establish exactly what I've ordered....and trying not to be disheartened :)
And how many other M2's are there in the UK? Yep, you will be just another BMW driver, they are like belly buttons over here. On the other hand how many Bullitt's will there be in the UK. How special will your car be?

Honestly, stop looking at what you don't/won't get and look at what you will get.

If you are torn between an M2 and a Bullitt, and the lack of leather wrapped centre consul is a big issue, you should probably just get the bimmer….

Only you can answer these questions. Why do you want a Bullitt…...

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
And how many other M2's are there in the UK? Yep, you will be just another BMW driver, they are like belly buttons over here. On the other hand how many Bullitt's will there be in the UK. How special will your car be?

Honestly, stop looking at what you don't/won't get and look at what you will get.

If you are torn between an M2 and a Bullitt, and the lack of leather wrapped centre consul is a big issue, you should probably just get the bimmer….

Only you can answer these questions. Why do you want a Bullitt…...

I couldn't give a shit about the centre console really but it's just another missing feature to add to the list of things that would have raised the Bullitt above above the regular premium spec leather clad performance pack GT we get over here. It's a green GT with badges with an 87mm throttle body and CAI. The thing that really fucks me off is the missing 3.73 LSD on an MY19 MT-82 that's already tall geared...Yes I get the rareness/nostalgia thing I'm of that age and it'll be much rarer over here that in the US/Canada/Australia. BTW I would never consider a BMW there's 10-15 similar looking cars with different model badges on this street alone. I'm a Mustang owner I get it I was making a point about the entry price/features

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
I couldn't give a shit about the centre console really but it's just another missing feature to add to the list of things that would have raised the Bullitt above above the regular premium spec leather clad performance pack GT we get over here. It's a green GT with badges with an 87mm throttle body and CAI. The thing that really fucks me off is the missing 3.73 LSD on an MY19 MT-82 that's already tall geared...Yes I get the rareness/nostalgia thing I'm of that age and it'll be much rarer over here that in the US/Canada/Australia. BTW I would never consider a BMW there's 10-15 similar looking cars with different model badges on this street alone. I'm a Mustang owner I get it I was making a point about the entry price/features
It is crazy that Ford are selling their most expensive car in the UK and they can't give a final believable spec to the few who have ordered. I never brought a GT because I never liked the three centre air vents. When the Uk configurator was put up and in the summery it showed Gauge pack I put a deposit down. Then over the months I saw RHD pictures showing no gauge pack and I was a little concerned. When I was in Massachusets in August I spoke with a Ford Rep who told me the export Bullitts are basically GT's with green paint, wheels and badges. When back in UK I then emailed Fords Mustang team and they replied with full spec showing -

2019 MUSTANG BULLITT™

Ford of Europe RHD

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

ALL GT PREMIUM CONTENT PLUS:

MECHANICAL

â—Ź Active Valve Performance Exhaust System

● Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors

â—Ź Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)

â—Ź Heavy-duty Front Springs

â—Ź Increased Top Speed (VMAX) to 163MPH

â—Ź Larger Radiator

â—Ź Modified GT350 Intake Manifold

â—Ź Open Air Induction System (AIS)

â—Ź Red Painted Brake Calipers

â—Ź Revised PCM Calibrations

â—Ź Differential with 3.55 Axle Ration

â—Ź Unique Chassis Tuning

â—Ź Unique EPAS, ABS, and Stability Control Tuning

â—Ź Upsized Rear Sway Bar

EXTERIOR

● 19” Machined-face Aluminum with High-gloss Black-painted

pockets Wheel (19” X 9” (F) and 19” X 9.5” (R))

â—Ź 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires

â—Ź Bright Beltline and Window Surround

● Faux Gas Cap on Rear Applique with BULLITT™ Logo

â—Ź Spoiler Delete

â—Ź Unique Front Grille without Pony Badge

â—Ź Unique Lower Grille

INTERIOR

● 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor™

● BULLITT™ IP Badge with Unique Chassis Number

● BULLITT™ Logo on Driver Air Bag Cover

â—Ź Green Accent Hand Stitching on:

— Door Trim

— Instrument Panel

— Premium Floor mats

— Shifter Boot

— Seats

— Wrapped Center Console

— Wrapped Knee Bolster

â—Ź Heating Steering Wheel (not available to South Africa)

● “Spindrift” Aluminum Instrument Panel

â—Ź Unique White Cue Ball Shift Knob

SAFETY/SECURITY

â—Ź Enhanced Security Package

— Active Anti-Theft System

— Electronic-locking Center Console

— Electronic Steering Column Lock

— Wheel Locking Kit

â—Ź K-Brace

● Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace with BULLITT™ Badge

If the above ends up as being wrong I will not go forward with the order. Im not paying full price for a Bullitt without the Gauge pack, Brace and wrapped console and whatever they also take off this spec sheet. In my mind this will be a Bullitt lite.

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
Ford UK have now removed the Gauge Pack (oil and Vacuum) listing from the configurator. After the mail I had stating it was going to be included this only confirms to me Ford UK have no idea what they are selling. As of Monday there will be a car available once I discuss with dealer. I wouldn’t expect this misinformation for a £15k Fiesta let alone a near £50 grand car

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
It will only be a Bullitt light when compared to a US spec Bullitt. UK Bullitts are what they are. Misinformation is not unique to this model or manufacturer in my experience either. Ive found misinformation on Range Rovers, Ferrari & Audi.

I check that the bits of the spec as written are there in practice if they are make or break items for me. It sounds like these items are make or break for you, so fair enough walk away.

However in my mind, Im never going to take the Bullitt anywhere that its going to be parked next to another UK Bullitt and look like its missing parts.

If I take it to a show and end up parked next to a US Bullitt, or even a European one (assume they do get guages and other bits) and it does look like mine is missing bits compared, then its just a question of whether people want to swap the convenience of having the steering wheel on the right, for the strut brace and gauge cluster.

To be fair Ive had cars with those guage clusters before, and in my experience they are utterly pointless. I even had one with a head up display full of information like that, the only number I was bothered about was the oil temperature. Once that was at the right number it meant I could give it beans. Though even that was slightly pointless as when the oil temp reached the correct level, the dashboard moved the redline limit.
Sponsored