OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
^^^^Yep....Nike stock price at another all time high on Monday, up $2 and closed at $85.26.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
First pair of adidas came in!

Not real comfy if i must say so myself...

...but at least they ain’t nike!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is just another thread to jump on the anti-police band wagon. I think that's the response you were looking for. You showed your bias straight away by labeling/pigeon holing all Trump supporters as confederate flag wavers.

Hey Mate, why don't we talk about all the Police Officers that were killed RECENTLY in the line of duty. Many of which were ambushed and essentially assassinated!
Or we could talk about an unarmed Australian woman in her pyjamas being shot by a trigger happy Minneapolis cop....
There's NO HOPE for the human race

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I am a HUGE proponent of law & order. My next door neighbor is DPD. My neighbor 2 doors over the other direction is retired DPD. But I can still respect CK’s concern that there are elements in law enforcement that abuse their power, particularly when dealing with people of color. Just like some of the best Fortune 500 companies have people working at high levels of the company who embezzle. Getting rid of the perpetrators does not imply lack of support for the company.

Nike market cap Sept 4th: https://www.thewrap.com/colin-kaepernick-nike-stock-loses-4-billion-market-cap/
Down $3.75B. This is when I upped my portfolio holdings.

Nike market cap Sept 21st: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nike-market-value-colin-kaepernick_us_5ba7693ae4b0375f8f9dcb09
Up $6B

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
The Atlantic said:
The LAPD recently began presenting a “preservation-of-life medal to an officer who makes great efforts to avoid a fatal shooting.” Police shootings in L.A. declined to 15 in 2017, from 21 in 2015.
A lesson I learned as a young guy in the military. If a senior NCO compliments you on a job well done, you repeat the behavior to earn another pat on the back. (Also works well when training a labrador :))

Kudos to the LAPD.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If he hadn't have worn those socks, would your opinion of him and his actions have changed?

Would you think "yeah, that kneeling QB has a point....too many cops shootings where people of color die?"
I don't have a prejudice that says I must judge people by their color. I do have a prejudice that says people who become cops in general want to serve and protect the public.

So, my answer to your question is - no, I would not think that too many people of color die. When I read those words, the first thing I think is "racist". I assume that most people who get shot by the police are doing something wrong (unless it's absolutely proven to be otherwise). Some crook or punk saying that they didn't have a gun didn't do anything wrong, etc. is not proof.

And I don't judge people by the color of their skin. So, if I'm presented with a statistic about the number of black vs. white people who do something, I really hate the statistic and my tendency is to reject it.

And I think it's wrong to judge and measure things by people's skin color.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I don't have a prejudice that says I must judge people by their color. I do have a prejudice that says people who become cops in general want to serve and protect the public.

So, my answer to your question is - no, I would not think that too many people of color die. When I read those words, the first thing I think is "racist". I assume that most people who get shot by the police are doing something wrong (unless it's absolutely proven to be otherwise). Some crook or punk saying that they didn't have a gun didn't do anything wrong, etc. is not proof.

And I don't judge people by the color of their skin. So, if I'm presented with a statistic about the number of black vs. white people who do something, I really hate the statistic and my tendency is to reject it.

And I think it's wrong to judge and measure things by people's skin color.
^^^^There is so much bullsh1t is this post....I just don't know where to start. Lets start here:

I don't have a prejudice that says I must judge people by their color.....And I don't judge people by the color of their skin....And I think it's wrong to judge and measure things by people's skin color.
^^^We get it. You want us to believe you haven't a racist bone in your body and that you're "colorblind". Thou doth protest too much. You are racist, and I'll show where you prove you are.

......And I don't judge people by the color of their skin. So, if I'm presented with a statistic about the number of black vs. white people who do something, I really hate the statistic and my tendency is to reject it.....
You are a white guy. That is an assumption I'm pretty happy to make.

Whitey, you admitted here that you dismiss any statistic presented to you re: black vs white. Classic white man bias. Racist bias.

I've tossed the ball up, now let's hit it outta the park:

....I do have a prejudice that says people who become cops in general want to serve and protect the public.

So, my answer to your question is - no, I would not think that too many people of color die. When I read those words, the first thing I think is "racist". I assume that most people who get shot by the police are doing something wrong (unless it's absolutely proven to be otherwise). Some crook or punk saying that they didn't have a gun didn't do anything wrong, etc. is not proof....
I'm sure you can find a few black cop killed black guy cases, but let's be men and admit that white cops kill black guys at a far greater rate. Basic stats will indicate that because 79% of cops are white, and just 13% are black. https://datausa.io/profile/soc/333050/

(^^^Whitey, you can't dismiss that stat because it's basic fact. It's not one of the black vs white ones you automatically ignore because "you're not racist" :)).

You refer to my question and your reply is "no, I would not think that too many people of color die". So you think just the right amount of blacks die, yes? Do the crime, suffer the consequences? Black guy pulls gun, white cop kills him.

If a cop shoots a guy who points a gun at him, that's fair enough. However, it's the cop who kills a guy climbing over a fence, or kills a guy running in an alley, or kills a guy selling cigarettes that people have issue with. There are 750,000 cops in the USA (refer to my earlier link). If just 1% of them share a few of David Duke's views, you have 7500 racist cops with guns prowling the streets of Anytown, USA.

You say "I do have a prejudice that says people who become cops in general want to serve and protect the public". Prejudice is a synonym for bias. You are biased toward the cops. I've been calling you Whitey....you may have felt annoyed by that. Lets reverse the demographics. Now imagine the USA was just 13% white, and 87 out of every 100 people you saw on the street were black.

79% of the cops are black. There's an outcry because white guys are being killed by cops.

7500 of them have guns and hate your guts, Whitey.

White Kaepernick kneels during the national anthem. Think about that.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
^^^ Just wow. How do you even leave your house?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
^^^^There is so much bullsh1t is this post....I just don't know where to start. Lets start here:

^^^We get it. You want us to believe you haven't a racist bone in your body and that you're "colorblind". Thou doth protest too much. You are racist, and I'll show where you prove you are.

You are a white guy. That is an assumption I'm pretty happy to make.

Whitey, you admitted here that you dismiss any statistic presented to you re: black vs white. Classic white man bias. Racist bias.

I've tossed the ball up, now let's hit it outta the park:

I'm sure you can find a few black cop killed black guy cases, but let's be men and admit that white cops kill black guys at a far greater rate. Basic stats will indicate that because 79% of cops are white, and just 13% are black. https://datausa.io/profile/soc/333050/

(^^^Whitey, you can't dismiss that stat because it's basic fact. It's not one of the black vs white ones you automatically ignore because "you're not racist" :)).

You refer to my question and your reply is "no, I would not think that too many people of color die". So you think just the right amount of blacks die, yes? Do the crime, suffer the consequences? Black guy pulls gun, white cop kills him.

If a cop shoots a guy who points a gun at him, that's fair enough. However, it's the cop who kills a guy climbing over a fence, or kills a guy running in an alley, or kills a guy selling cigarettes that people have issue with. There are 750,000 cops in the USA (refer to my earlier link). If just 1% of them share a few of David Duke's views, you have 7500 racist cops with guns prowling the streets of Anytown, USA.

You say "I do have a prejudice that says people who become cops in general want to serve and protect the public". Prejudice is a synonym for bias. You are biased toward the cops. I've been calling you Whitey....you may have felt annoyed by that. Lets reverse the demographics. Now imagine the USA was just 13% white, and 87 out of every 100 people you saw on the street were black.

79% of the cops are black. There's an outcry because white guys are being killed by cops.

7500 of them have guns and hate your guts, Whitey.

White Kaepernick kneels during the national anthem. Think about that.

We are all people and splitting everyone up by color and putting them on different sides based on that color is just wrong. Please consider not doing it anymore.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.