erichsieh22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Eco PP A10
Hi guys,

Picked up a new A10 Eco PP around 6 weeks ago, everything else is good unless the trans would jerk while decelerating. I can feel every downshift slightly during the deceleration even in normal drive mode, and when the car is going to a complete stop it will jerk a bit harder, I assume it is when downshifting from third to first gear. Does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Eric
P.s. Upshifts are smooth as butter.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah, unfortunately if your even barely aggressive coming to a stop you will have that downshift surge. I’m used to it by now.

OP
OP
erichsieh22

erichsieh22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Eco PP A10
Yeah, unfortunately if your even barely aggressive coming to a stop you will have that downshift surge. I’m used to it by now.
Thanks for your reply, I went to the dealership today and test drove a 2019 Eco A10. The problem occurs on that car as well, just not as bad as mine, so I guess this is the nature of this trans and ill just have to accept it...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So your 2018 is 6 weeks old; how many accrued miles to date?

The 10R80 is an adaptive learning transmission and it takes a couple thousand miles for it to “learn”. You can reset it by disconnecting battery for a good 15mins, but once reconnected the trans will need to relearn in another couple thousand miles. The clunkiness or jerkiness of the 10R80 will subside as you get more miles on it and the adaptive learning has picked up one your driving style and driving modes used.

There are quite a few “10R80” or “A10” threads on here now, I’d suggest that you read some of them, as some have quite a bit of tech and info that is very helpful for new 10R80 owners to understand the mechanics (and other posted experiences) of that transmission.

:)

OP
OP
erichsieh22

erichsieh22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Eco PP A10
So your 2018 is 6 weeks old; how many accrued miles to date?

The 10R80 is an adaptive learning transmission and it takes a couple thousand miles for it to “learn”. You can reset it by disconnecting battery for a good 15mins, but once reconnected the trans will need to relearn in another couple thousand miles. The clunkiness or jerkiness of the 10R80 will subside as you get more miles on it and the adaptive learning has picked up one your driving style and driving modes used.

There are quite a few “10R80” or “A10” threads on here now, I’d suggest that you read some of them, as some have quite a bit of tech and info that is very helpful for new 10R80 owners to understand the mechanics (and other posted experiences) of that transmission.

:)
Thanks for your reply! The dealer already reset my computer today.:like:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
If you have tuner device you can do a Keep Active Memory KAM reset. I have found this helps after loading different tunes. Fyi.
Sponsored