Sponsored

This should infuriate every single Mustang Convertible owner!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I also emailed, no response. I don't think they're very good with customer support. Which is making me hesitant to buy at full price too. A lot of items on the site say "In stock" - this doesn't say one way or another, so I'm unsure if the absence of "In stock" means it's "out of stock" or just a poorly designed site. I can't find the item for sale anywhere else. Sigh.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 and love the idea - my wife had an Audi A5 & the feature I miss is one button to roll all the windows up. It did not have this feature
With the device mentioned... do you have to leave the latch undone to do this?

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I saw one of these somewhere that also let you set it so that your car was in S(port) mode every time you started it, as well as the top/window features. You could also set the speed limiter on the top operation. If I see it again, I'll post a link.

Edit:
Hah, it is the Smartop module:

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/i...JyPTI=&action=products&cat=6&mode=view&id=166

It does a bit more than just one touch up/down while moving for the convertible top.

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes, IMHO the module is worth the money. Get it. You will thank me later. See my mini review in the link posted or let me know if you have any other questions.
Did you buy yours direct or through a distributor? (if the latter, mind sharing? TIA!)

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
This Smart Top looks great. Going to pull the trigger on this myself. It would be nice if we had a dedicated thread on this product. Perhaps the next person to install it could start one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I bought it direct off of their ebay page. I paid a total of $284.05 with free shipping.

Thanks,
Mark
Great, that's the way to go, I don't believe their direct sales had PP (Vivid does), but I like using the same transaction point as much as I can (i.e., Amazon, Ebay).

Here's the Ebay link, it's the manufacturers store, and it's even ~$16 cheaper ($26 cheaper vs. Amazon with the extra $9.99 shipping):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/mods4cars-...335145?hash=item56aef2cca9:g:t2IAAOSwOrBa9G2c

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I think the only thing out of this I would want is a self latching system along with a one touch top up or down. I don't care too much about the cover for the top... I can live without that... but in this day and age, it's a simple thing to add to a car that is reaching the price point of other sports cars that offer such features. We've done away with the two latch system to the one latch... but I'd love to see that disappear all together.

Sponsored

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Totally agree. I had a one latch system on my "antique" 1994 BMW 325i. I was looking forward to one touch with all of the other modern amenities when I finally brought myself into the 21st century and bought my 2017, but was disappointed that Ford missed that one. I mean the entry light is in the shape of a mustang for crying out loud! You get that but miss one-touch? :crackup:

The nice thing about the smarttop module is that it makes operation one-touch for everything except for operating the top outside of the car. You can program the module to start the top-down process as soon as you twist the handle, so you don't have to push the button after twisting the handle. I actually like that setting because the handle is a bigger target than the button, so I don't even have to look up when I am reaching up to put the top down.

I think the only thing out of this I would want is a self latching system along with a one touch top up or down. I don't care too much about the cover for the top... I can live without that... but in this day and age, it's a simple thing to add to a car that is reaching the price point of other sports cars that offer such features. We've done away with the two latch system to the one latch... but I'd love to see that disappear all together.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Great, that's the way to go, I don't believe their direct sales had PP (Vivid does), but I like using the same transaction point as much as I can (i.e., Amazon, Ebay).

Here's the Ebay link, it's the manufacturers store, and it's even ~$16 cheaper ($26 cheaper vs. Amazon with the extra $9.99 shipping):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/mods4cars-...335145?hash=item56aef2cca9:g:t2IAAOSwOrBa9G2c
Thanks for the link. Ordering it now. Was waiting to hear from the other site to even confirm it was in stock. Oh well. I definitely want this. So time to order!

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
If ordering on Ebay might want to wait for 15% off everything day.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Received module. Programmed and installed with zero complications. It was more of a hassle to put back my son's car seat than to do the rest (really). Also, burned the palm of my hand with how hot the plastic and leather got in the few minutes I had my top down.

Did I see somewhere that one of the options was for double pressing the up button and all windows would go up at once? Interested in that but didn't see it as one of the settings when programming the module.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Received module. Programmed and installed with zero complications. It was more of a hassle to put back my son's car seat than to do the rest (really). Also, burned the palm of my hand with how hot the plastic and leather got in the few minutes I had my top down.

Did I see somewhere that one of the options was for double pressing the up button and all windows would go up at once? Interested in that but didn't see it as one of the settings when programming the module.
Awesome! I mean, the module install. not burning your hand :D

Shoot a video :)

They mention a few features that aren't available across all models, this is the configuration options/chart for the Mustang module:

upload_2018-9-23_14-37-17.png
Sponsored