Sponsored

Bad swaying after install.

Bharmsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Just installed aluminum driveshaft, dss 1400hp axles, vertical links, and diff bushings. The car feels very unstable and sways pretty bad. Any idea on what it could be and how to fix it?! Thanks
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A driveshaft swap won’t induce any sway....

Are you sure the axles are installed/seated correctly?

Have all parts been torqued properly to spec?

Sponsored

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
Did you find your problem? I went to the track a couple weeks ago and my rear started swaying at probably 110 mph. The axles were replaced a few months ago and this is the first time at the track since they were replaced. I raced it last year and took it to a road course with no problems. I took it back to the dealer a couple of months ago because I kept hearing a bearing sound and popping in the rear end and he said that one of the axles was not seated properly so he reseated it. Would an axle cause the car to sway? I’ve talked to a couple of people about it and they told me it would be in the suspension. Only thing I’ve done to suspension is vertical links. Thx

OP
OP

Bharmsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Did you find your problem? I went to the track a couple weeks ago and my rear started swaying at probably 110 mph. The axles were replaced a few months ago and this is the first time at the track since they were replaced. I raced it last year and took it to a road course with no problems. I took it back to the dealer a couple of months ago because I kept hearing a bearing sound and popping in the rear end and he said that one of the axles was not seated properly so he reseated it. Would an axle cause the car to sway? I’ve talked to a couple of people about it and they told me it would be in the suspension. Only thing I’ve done to suspension is vertical links. Thx
Yeah only thing I've done is vertical links and lowering springs. I just got the car back in the shop today. Saw the drivers side axle was leaking a little bit. Talked to someone today and they said to check the inside of the traction lok diff see if something is loose inside there?

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
I guess I will find out soon. My wife and I went to Nashville this afternoon and going down the interstate my car popped and started making a metal grinding noise and I didn’t have any gear. I’m assuming my rear end is shot. My car has 22000 miles on it.

Last edited:

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I am having the same problem you are. I swapped the driver axle, put a gt 350 axle and get this scary sway now. Took the car to get aligned. That helped a little but the sway is still there. Not sure what brought it on but just sucks my car was perfectly fine prior. Good luck and keep us posted.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I am having the same problem you are. I swapped the driver axle, put a gt 350 axle and get this scary sway now. Took the car to get aligned. That helped a little but the sway is still there. Not sure what brought it on but just sucks my car was perfectly fine prior. Good luck and keep us posted.
You only put "one" GT350 axle in...not both?

Sponsored

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Correct only driver side. I never hear anyone brake the passenger side .

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Correct only driver side. I never hear anyone brake the passenger side .
well I'm a bit old school...so this might be totally unimportant...but, I would NEVER do something on one side of the rear unless I was doing it to the other side...circle track racing would be the exception. They are different shafts so I would assume they weigh different and would think that could play into your issue.

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
well I'm a bit old school...so this might be totally unimportant...but, I would NEVER do something on one side of the rear unless I was doing it to the other side...circle track racing would be the exception. They are different shafts so I would assume they weigh different and would think that could play into your issue.
I went ahead and put the original axle for a couple of days and still got the sway/ wobble . So I swapped it out again and put the gt350 axle on again.

15rs3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
15 roush mustang
I went ahead and put the original axle for a couple of days and still got the sway/ wobble . So I swapped it out again and put the gt350 axle on again.
I found out what was wrong with mine. I took my wife to Nashville for her birthday which is an hour away. We are on the interstate when my car pops in the rear end and then metallic noise! Roadside assist took it to closest ford dealer and my son in law came to pick us up. Dealer called the next day and said the bolts on the driver side axle had come out. There was not any damage to axle or housing. Still not comfortable that it’s fixed. I pulled the wheel off and it has about 1/8 axle turn play. That seems excessive to me. I’m sure it needs some play though.

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Good to hear. I guess I will quadruple check mine to make sure they are tight.
Sponsored