OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Watch "Losing boost" on YouTube

Another video loosing boost on the street this time. Going to get it dyno tuned and my boost controller adjusted soon. I started letting it rev a little longer and shifting at 7500 instead of 7000. It helps going into the next gear. First time I tried shifting that high. I was pretty much granny shifting because these MT82 are shit.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Did you make any controller adjustments?

Boost looks to be building much faster now, but you're still losing boost in the top end.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
No I haven't made any adjustments. I'm scared to touch it lol. I did a pull in 3rd on the street at 47mph in last video I posted. The first video I posted was on the dyno in 5th gear. @ahl395 .

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I talked to a local tuner out here. He wants to re tune the car and tweak the boost controller for $800. I just paid lund to tune it. I don't have another $800 to put into this car. I think what I'm gonna do is have re tune it while I take it to a local shop and let them make the proper adjustments using the boost controller. I wanna see 12lbs 700hp +

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
No I haven't made any adjustments. I'm scared to touch it lol. I did a pull in 3rd on the street at 47mph in last video I posted. The first video I posted was on the dyno in 5th gear. @ahl395 .
I talked to a local tuner out here. He wants to re tune the car and tweak the boost controller for $800. I just paid lund to tune it. I don't have another $800 to put into this car. I think what I'm gonna do is have re tune it while I take it to a local shop and let them make the proper adjustments using the boost controller. I wanna see 12lbs 700hp +
Thats absurd, no need to do that. If you read through the instructions carefully you can make the adjustments yourself. Its easy and I can advise you what to change if you tell me your current settings. No need to take it anywhere, I did mine completely myself.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Thats absurd, no need to do that. If you read through the instructions carefully you can make the adjustments yourself. Its easy and I can advise you what to change if you tell me your current settings. No need to take it anywhere, I did mine completely myself.
This^^^^^ dont piss more money away on a local tuner that may make everything worse.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I'm supposed to meet up with the guy sometime next week to pick up the extra parts that came off the blower. Wastgate springs, the pipe without the down pipe without the wastgate and the manual to the boost controller. I played with a little bit today. He sad there's a high and a low. I think I found the high and low setting but I didn't set it to high it still set to low

Watch "Turning up the boost I think?" on YouTube

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I just finish texting the guy I bought the blower from. He said "Sp1 was around 11 or 12 psi on my setup and sp2 was 14 or 15 psi". Then why is it on my car I only see 9.5 pounds and a drop off? Only thing different is the 18 intake. I guess the tune has alot to do with it. He a local guy tune it and I had lund tune my car so... maybe different tunes and intakes have something to do with it. I'm going see if I can let lund log out again. Then put it on the dyno. When I get some time I'll tell you my current settings. @ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I'm supposed to meet up with the guy sometime next week to pick up the extra parts that came off the blower. Wastgate springs, the pipe without the down pipe without the wastgate and the manual to the boost controller. I played with a little bit today. He sad there's a high and a low. I think I found the high and low setting but I didn't set it to high it still set to low

Watch "Turning up the boost I think?" on YouTube
I just finish texting the guy I bought the blower from. He said "Sp1 was around 11 or 12 psi on my setup and sp2 was 14 or 15 psi". Then why is it on my car I only see 9.5 pounds and a drop off? Only thing different is the 18 intake. I guess the tune has alot to do with it. He a local guy tune it and I had lund tune my car so... maybe different tunes and intakes have something to do with it. I'm going see if I can let lund log out again. Then put it on the dyno. When I get some time I'll tell you my current settings. @ahl395
Correct. You have two different setpoints. SP2 is set much higher so you will see alot more boost with that. Make sure OBS (overboost shutdown) is set properly (1-2psi over target) so that you dont overboost while trying different settings. GP1 and GP2 are also very important settings for when the gate starts opening and will change how boost comes on.

Hold the button, you'll be able to scroll through BG1 and BG2, which are your two boost groups. Each group has a set of SP,GP,SN settings (setpoint, gate pressure, sensitivity). After BG1 and BG2 you'll see OBS which is where you can change the overboost shutdown setting.

Boost will vary even on the same setup between cars. Tune, intake, and exhaust system both will change the amount of boost you see. 18 manifold is known to drop boost a few psi, as is a catless exhaust if you have that.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Correct. You have two different setpoints. SP2 is set much higher so you will see alot more boost with that. Make sure OBS (overboost shutdown) is set properly (1-2psi over target) so that you dont overboost while trying different settings. GP1 and GP2 are also very important settings for when the gate starts opening and will change how boost comes on.

Hold the button, you'll be able to scroll through BG1 and BG2, which are your two boost groups. Each group has a set of SP,GP,SN settings (setpoint, gate pressure, sensitivity). After BG1 and BG2 you'll see OBS which is where you can change the overboost shutdown setting.

Boost will vary even on the same setup between cars. Tune, intake, and exhaust system both will change the amount of boost you see. 18 manifold is known to drop boost a few psi, as is a catless exhaust if you have that.

Cool good looking out. Damn right I'm catlass. Damn cats fucked up my last motor. New stock short block. I might play with it a little bit. I'm setting up a logging session with Lund monday

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Good news is I'm not loosing boost anymore. On the boost controller there's a setting called boost correction factor. It eliminates boost in high rpm. Is was off I turned it on. Fixed the boost lost. I made two pulls about 5 min from each other and the car made boost pretty quickly. Then the third time I did a pull It was making boost but not as fast as it was making boost on the first couple of hits. Is the car pulling timing when that happens? If so why? Here's some videos

Watch "Boost coming In slow" on YouTube

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
The first pull after

Watch "Boost coming In fast" on YouTube
Sponsored