Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper VS. Twin screw dyno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I see. So with the correction factor removed, what is the net power gain?
The correction for the supercharged combo was actually higher.

Both pulls were on the same dyno with the same tuner.
Sponsored

budsell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
A better comparison of efficiency would be to see how much fuel each combo would consume (turbo vs blower) to reach the same horsepower level. There is no denying turbo is where it's at though if efficiency is your goal. There is a reason people selling fuel systems rate them for more HP on turbo combos (efficient) than they do for blower combos (more parasitic loss).

Correction factors just muddy the waters

Bob D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buying Soon
Loving this thread, speculation and facts alike. And especially loving the idea of a back-to-back challenge; if by some chance it actually happens, I, too, would buy a ticket or be glued to a livestream. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Loving this thread, speculation and facts alike. And especially loving the idea of a back-to-back challenge; if by some chance it actually happens, I, too, would buy a ticket or be glued to a livestream. :sunglasses:
We are entertained by the anticipation, but technically the dyno posted was a perfect comparison already, lol.

Whats important to remember is that we are merely reporting what a third party did with our product. All install and dyno info was done at The Dyno Edge.

We are very proud of this new system and very happy to see it perform well.

Team Hellion

Last edited:

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Was a VMP gen 3 blower. I saw the car in person. No exaggeration. More volume equals more power, plain and simple.
Thanks for the information. I will say that, if that’s, in fact, the supercharger in question here, then the title of the thread is a tad misleading. The VMP Gen 3 is an Eaton Roots-style supercharger and not a twin-screw.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I am so hesitant to get my car dyno'd. My buddies car across the country made 750whp 2 months ago. If I made 699whp, am I down 51 hp to him or is it the dyno?

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
This is why I am so hesitant to get my car dyno'd. My buddies car across the country made 750whp 2 months ago. If I made 699whp, am I down 51 hp to him or is it the dyno?
Dyno’s are tuning tools. You can’t compare one Dyno to he other with great accuracy. Run it at the track. Track times prove all

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
You can go to 2 different dynos in the same town and get 2 different numbers. Best way is to use the same one for before and after.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Dyno’s are tuning tools. You can’t compare one Dyno to he other with great accuracy. Run it at the track. Track times prove all
You can go to 2 different dynos in the same town and get 2 different numbers. Best way is to use the same one for before and after.
That's my point guys.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys.

Please see the attached video of Ken from PBD testing their first Street Sleeper kit, 746 rwhp on pump gas. This was done at sea level. Very comparable to the results we have here at 5500 ft of altitude. We stand by our use of the correction factor to compare vehicles. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
750 @10 psi is comparable to 900 @8 psi? Not sure E85 can cover that gap by itself.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
750 @10 psi is comparable to 900 @8 psi? Not sure E85 can cover that gap by itself.
Hello.

The Vehicle PBD has is a bone stock automatic transmission car on 93 octane. The Vehicle in this thread has a MMR built engine with locked out Stage 3 cams, E85 and a manual transmission. Two different animals.

We will have a dyno sheet from another sleeper build that will dyno tomorrow at 5500 ft and show the data here to compare two 2018 cars regarding the correction factor accuracy.

Stay tuned.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m just pleasantly waiting for a response if this is a go or not!

I agree, both cars would be hellish fun! But 370 more...

50 bucks for a ticket eh... let’s donate to a charity the money raised, if this is a go!

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys.

Please see the attached video of Ken from PBD testing their first Street Sleeper kit, 746 rwhp on pump gas. This was done at sea level. Very comparable to the results we have here at 5500 ft of altitude. We stand by our use of the correction factor to compare vehicles. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Hello.

The Vehicle PBD has is a bone stock automatic transmission car on 93 octane. The Vehicle in this thread has a MMR built engine with locked out Stage 3 cams, E85 and a manual transmission. Two different animals.

We will have a dyno sheet from another sleeper build that will dyno tomorrow at 5500 ft and show the data here to compare two 2018 cars regarding the correction factor accuracy.

Stay tuned.
So not really comparable. Solid kit none the less. Mad props for the "sleeper" aspect.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just pleasantly waiting for a response if this is a go or not!

I agree, both cars would be hellish fun! But 370 more...

50 bucks for a ticket eh... let’s donate to a charity the money raised, if this is a go!
Wouldn't hold your breath, regardless what the forum thinks, they just did a back to back test in their eyes. No way he will bet you 25k against this kit making 370 more hp than a charger. Especially since this was done on a RACE motor. No way in hell tt can make 370 more than a reputable charger on a regular motor. With ALL other factors being equal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.