Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
IMG_0646.JPG
Canada West Coast RC GT Premium Arrives

Not many more MY18 Royal Crimson cars left to be delivered, but my GT Premium finally arrived on Canada's west coast. 54 days in transit!! Arrived very dirty, but no damage, good panel fit and runs great. It's has tan interior, 10 speed auto, 3.55 rear axle, 20 inch wheel and navigation. No PP, as much of the stuff paid for in this option I would immediately replace....wheels, tires, spoiler, etc. I've been working with my gearhead sales guy for over 40 years. He knows me well. He had the front licence plate bracket and all the window stickers in his desk drawer. That's the way it should be!

IMO, Royal Crimson is one of the best colors ever for a Mustang. Pictures don't do it justice. Still a mystery color to many, including some of the product knowledge deficient sales reps who didn't know what it was called (there was an RC Ecoboost in the showroom :doh:). Too late now, fellows.

The pic below was taken just after it came off the truck. Looks clean, but just the opposite.
2018 Mustang Delivery.jpeg
Hey Allegro.... your car looks so much better with the chrome window trim! Man o Man..does that color "POP" !!!
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't this color the best color for this car!!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Hey Allegro.... your car looks so much better with the chrome window trim! Man o Man..does that color "POP" !!!
Yeah, thanks for your experienced help installing the window trim, Ric. Looks great. Chinese, but a pretty darn good quality product. More subtle than factory, which I like, and thousands of dollars cheaper, which I really like. Factory chrome window trim comes standard on the Bullitt and is part of the Pony Package on the Ecoboost Premium coupe.

As we saw yesterday, Royal Crimson in the garage is a totally different color than RC out in the sun. Don't understand why Ford dumped it after one year, but fine with me if they never bring it back. Surely RC would be a bigger seller than Need For Green!! Mine is still the only RC GT Premium I've seen on the road in this part of B.C. When I went to pick up my car, a salesman (not mine) asked me what color it was!! Several sales reps also told me earlier that black was the only interior available!! I guess they never read the 2018 sales brochure or looked at the Ford website where tan/black is clearly shown on a 2018 RC convertible. Sales rep product knowledge is sadly lacking.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Yeah, thanks for your experienced help installing the window trim, Ric. Looks great. Chinese, but a pretty darn good quality product. More subtle than factory, which I like, and thousands of dollars cheaper, which I really like. Factory chrome window trim comes standard on the Bullitt and is part of the Pony Package on the Ecoboost Premium coupe.

As we saw yesterday, Royal Crimson in the garage is a totally different color than RC out in the sun. Don't understand why Ford dumped it after one year, but fine with me if they never bring it back. Surely RC would be a bigger seller than Need For Green!! Mine is still the only RC GT Premium I've seen on the road in this part of B.C. When I went to pick up my car, a salesman (not mine) asked me what color it was!! Several sales reps also told me earlier that black was the only interior available!! I guess they never read the 2018 sales brochure or looked at the Ford website where tan/black is clearly shown on a 2018 RC convertible. Sales rep product knowledge is sadly lacking.
Black is the only interior available for the RC 201a/401a, for Premium you can get the other options available. I wish they had the ceramic available for the 201a/401a packages, they look very good.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finished painting my front calipers about a week ago and now just finished customizing, painting and installing some covers for the rear. I'm liking the look.
20180812_165559.jpg

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Finished painting my front calipers about a week ago and now just finished customizing, painting and installing some covers for the rear. I'm liking the look.
20180812_165559.jpg
Nice! I’m looking to paint my EB PP calipers, but don’t which color. :(

I like your 350 style fender.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
CD882915-A4DA-482F-B9FC-EE35062C6424.jpeg

Here’s mine after I installed 30% tint all around.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Before I settled on the copper color I made some paper cut outs of the calipers, sprayed them the colors of choice and stuck them behind the wheel and on the stock calipers then stepped back for a look. Gun matel grey was a close 2nd. Remember to use a high temp or wheel paint . And thanks for the compliment

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a White Madness auto shifter with Matching RC ball.
20180825_113231.jpg

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
This is the same thing I posted in the "introduce yourself" thread: Hello. I am new here. I don't have a picture (but by now you know what a base GT Royal Crimson looks like I hope)….. At this time, it is at the shop getting tint. I bought this 2018 Royal Crimson GT base with the 301A, 10spd Auto and Nav. Tan cloth interior. It also has the 18 inch two tone wheels that have the sort of matt black pockets and aluminum spokes. I am not one to do a lot of performance modes, not sure this thing needs it (other than tires maybe and premium gas). Anyway, I just had a few beers and ordered a whole bunch of junk to make it look sort of like the old Mach 1. Cervini upper and lower grill, Lower haste rocker stripe in black matt that will run from the back of the front tires to the rear bumper. Cervini quarter window (Eleanor style...don't flame me...I can mix models if I want and those hip scoops of the 69 Mach 1 are impossible to duplicate)... and lower side scoops (both painted in crimson red to match) a set of matt black 5.0 badges for the sides (what can I say, they had a black out package at the dealership and I liked it, they just didn't have it in Crimson)... and a set of ABS rear window louvers. It should be pretty ghetto or either close to the look of that 69 Mach 1 I remember seeing at a car show and falling in love with as a child....will find out with all the crap gets here and gets installed. I think the look I was going for here would have been better WITHOUT the lower side scoops after looking at pictures of 69 Mach 1s but too late, the cow is already pregnant (or something folksy) Also, to have truly done it right, I should have used gold metallic rocker panel stripes but couldn't bring myself to...I think the look is also supposed to have a single center stripe on the hood or either some accents around the vents but the "stripe over the top look" has been so played out since 2005 I couldn't really bring myself to do that either. So there you have it.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
This is the same thing I posted in the "introduce yourself" thread: Hello. I am new here. I don't have a picture (but by now you know what a base GT Royal Crimson looks like I hope)….. At this time, it is at the shop getting tint. I bought this 2018 Royal Crimson GT base with the 301A, 10spd Auto and Nav. Tan cloth interior. It also has the 18 inch two tone wheels that have the sort of matt black pockets and aluminum spokes. I am not one to do a lot of performance modes, not sure this thing needs it (other than tires maybe and premium gas). Anyway, I just had a few beers and ordered a whole bunch of junk to make it look sort of like the old Mach 1. Cervini upper and lower grill, Lower haste rocker stripe in black matt that will run from the back of the front tires to the rear bumper. Cervini quarter window (Eleanor style...don't flame me...I can mix models if I want and those hip scoops of the 69 Mach 1 are impossible to duplicate)... and lower side scoops (both painted in crimson red to match) a set of matt black 5.0 badges for the sides (what can I say, they had a black out package at the dealership and I liked it, they just didn't have it in Crimson)... and a set of ABS rear window louvers. It should be pretty ghetto or either close to the look of that 69 Mach 1 I remember seeing at a car show and falling in love with as a child....will find out with all the crap gets here and gets installed. I think the look I was going for here would have been better WITHOUT the lower side scoops after looking at pictures of 69 Mach 1s but too late, the cow is already pregnant (or something folksy) Also, to have truly done it right, I should have used gold metallic rocker panel stripes but couldn't bring myself to...I think the look is also supposed to have a single center stripe on the hood or either some accents around the vents but the "stripe over the top look" has been so played out since 2005 I couldn't really bring myself to do that either. So there you have it.

Alright so Cervini let me cancel that lower scoop so i moved the side stripe from the rocker to the mid door like it is supposed to be for the Mach 1 look. https://www.pfyc.com/PROD.html?Product_Code=FP1006

Saved about $450 bucks with one call to Cervini this morning.
Sponsored