• Total voters

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys and gals.
For those of you who don't lurk the "new products" pages on AM, CJ, LMR, etc... on the daily like I do, you may have missed this new product.

It's a quad tip diffuser by MP Concepts that fits all 15-17 S550s with the premium bumper. I've always wanted to do quads for my ar, but; like many others; did not like the looks of the Roush diffuser. I would have purchased the AC Type ARQ diffuser, but it is always out of stock. Also, I don't want to do the rest of the lower extremities in CF to match my rear diffuser, which would lead to kind of a mismatch situation.
I just recently (last Thursday) gave up and ordered the RTR diffuser, as I always thought it was a badass diffuser, just unfortunate that there wasn't one for quad tips. So imagine my disappointment when I saw this diffuser on the "new products page" on AM while doing my daily browsing today... My RTR spoiler is supposed to get here either tmrw or Wednesday, and I think I might actually return it in order to purchase this one instead. I do like the fact that it does look a lot more aggressive than the Roush diffuser, as well as keeps the "two piece diffuser" look already present on our cars (vs the Roush one piece, which is one of the reasons I don't like the design). I did send a message to AM just to verify that this diffuser is compatible with the Corsa Quads.
Just figured I would share pics of the diffuser, as I know many of you might jump on it as well. Unfortunately, there aren't really any great pictures of it on AM(two pictures of the inside of the diffuser, and one of the exterior, but upside down....Really?), but here's a good comparison between the MP concepts new quad tip diffuser, the Roush quad diffuser, and the RTR valence. What would you pick? Also, does anybody have any experience with MP Concepts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MP Concepts:
398118_alt2.jpeg

Roush:
387054_alt1.jpeg

RTR (single exhaust tip)
387381_alt5.jpeg
Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was just saying why no other company came out with a diffuser and was frustrating. I like the MP concepts however it doesn’t look as agreesive as I like it to be. But I guess it will do for now

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the Roush valance, and it's garbage. Installation sucks (I still have nightmares about putting a screw through the plastic), the instructions are flat out wrong, and it just doesn't fit well. I wish I had just spent the money and gotten a GT350 valance for my quads, or at least the MP Concepts.

JR

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was just saying why no other company came out with a diffuser and was frustrating. I like the MP concepts however it doesn’t look as agreesive as I like it to be. But I guess it will do for now
Exactly. The image does make it look like it is a "two-part" diffuser, so maybe the diffuser section might be interchangeable. Which is great, as maybe the RTR diffuser would then be compatible. I agree that I wish it would it could be a little more aggressive, but it is a DEFINITE improvement over the Roush one IMO.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Roush valance, and it's garbage. Installation sucks (I still have nightmares about putting a screw through the plastic), the instructions are flat out wrong, and it just doesn't fit well. I wish I had just spent the money and gotten a GT350 valance for my quads, or at least the MP Concepts.

JR
Yea. I've read/heard that the installation is a nightmare, which is pretty insane seeing as so many other valances are seemingly pretty "easy" to install (once you get past the whole "cutting your car" mental block). I do love the looks of the GT350 valance, but I already get enough negative comments about my car being a "GT350 wannabe clone" simply because I have the GT350 spoiler and red coyote howler emblem....

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
AmericanV8Guy,
I can offer my experience with MP Concepts GT350 style valance, fit and finish was very good. The texture of the valance was a perfect match to the OEM side skirts and chin spoiler.
have a look at my avatar.

hamzah596,
I think the MP concepts picture is taken at a bad angle, looks like the center with fins sticks out similar to the 2018 valance. I would like to see some pictures of it on a car from different angles.

joshy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
AmericanV8Guy,
I can offer my experience with MP Concepts GT350 style valance, fit and finish was very good. The texture of the valance was a perfect match to the OEM side skirts and chin spoiler.

hamzah596,
I think the MP concepts picture is taken at a bad angle, looks like the center with fins sticks out similar to the 2018 valance. I would like to see some pictures of it on a car from different angles.
i wonder if this mp concepts gt350 would fit my corsa quads?

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted American muscle. It is a one piece design. Mine will be here tomorrow I will let you know
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing some feedback (and hopefully some pics too if you would be so kind, haha)

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AmericanV8Guy,
Great! Thanks for the input/info! I forgot that my emblem delete rear-decklid was also from MP concepts, and I still think it looks great. But your valence looks awesome! Always nice to have feedback before pulling the trigger on a new mod. I'm always skeptical about companies I haven't used before, as I have been screwed over by some in the past. So thanks again for the info! :like:

Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I got it. It does not fit very well. Quality is good but not as I thought. I will be returning this. Also it is a two piece design. There is a piece on the side that you have to attach to attach it to the wheel well area. Also the bottom holes for push pins on that extra piece is not made correctly
35FAB848-F78A-4610-B5F3-EBBE35E7C35E.jpeg
E761928A-EDCB-4A45-9514-D19EB10819B5.jpeg
2EB9DAE9-6281-4169-B51E-103956B0D931.jpeg
1B6CFA3B-C5E1-4C05-8290-3310FBBE0277.jpeg
4D0A3BA2-8C5E-4823-8DC4-B6A828982DC9.jpeg

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I wonder if this mp concepts gt350 would fit my Corsa quads?
joshy5oh,
I'm not sure the offset of the Corsa, one into two tips would work. I am using 2018 dual tip mufflers. IMO the new MP concept lower valance offers the best option. You can run a true quad tip exhaust on a 15 -17 Mustang premium without destroying your bumper. The Roush valance is the only option for those who have a 15 -17 Mustang with a base bumper.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
hamzah596,
In the last picture, you have to fold the flap up and use the push pins you took out of the old valance. Are your inside tips touching the valance? It's your mufflers and the offset of the tips giving you trouble.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
hamzah596,
In the last picture, you have to fold the flap up and use the push pins you took out of the old valance. Are your inside tips touching the valance? It's your mufflers and the offset of the tips giving you trouble.

They are touching the valence. I did everything I could.
Sponsored