Tarmac Sportz - Anyone used them ?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Ben,
I really like the sound of yours. I'm convinced I want the same. Not too high pitched as some others are.
Can I ask what you thought re construction quality. Not that it will change anything, just curious.
I'm ordering the black finished, aluminized exhaust. I'm supposing it is similar to a galvanizing process. Has yours lasted well.
Thanks Chris.
DO NOT GET THE ALUMINISED EXHAUST. The aluminised exhaust is for hot climates like Texas or Spain. If you put an aluminised exhaust on your car in the UK it will rust and drop to bits. Put the stainless exhaust on your car. I had the stainless, and it wont rust. Was perfect over the life of my car. The overall construction quality was brilliant, especially since I got mine for less than $700 before taxes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
OK, thanks for the advice. Not much difference in price,. The stainless system does not come with black tips, only polished tips. Thinking about it, I could have them painted cheaper than changing the exhaust in a few years. Thanks again.

MrHanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
S550
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but how do you rate the tire stickers?
Been looking into this sort of thing but have not come across these non manufacturer specific ones before.

Thanks

Mark

Yep, i know these guys really well... Chris who's business it is started out on the 350z forums where i'm originally from too and he's made a hugely successful and very reputable business for himself. I recently bought my Treadwear Tyre Letters from them for my Mustang.

Here's their appreciation thread: https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/48498-tarmac-sportz-appreciation-thread/?tab=comments#comment-726865

I think he's recently bought a 60's Mustang, too, that i saw on Facebook.

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
I'm delighted with them. I think they really make the car stand out.

Fitting them wasn't too difficult... they're almost like a bicycle puncture repair kit. Thin rubber letters and a tube of glue.

They've been on the car for about 5 months and are still pretty clean. I'd read reviews online saying they were a nightmare to keep clean so i bought a white tyre letter pen to go over them when they get dirty, but i've not had to use it yet.

MrHanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
S550
Out of interest what tyres do you have and what did you actually spell out on them?

Thanks

Mark

I'm delighted with them. I think they really make the car stand out.

Fitting them wasn't too difficult... they're almost like a bicycle puncture repair kit. Thin rubber letters and a tube of glue.

They've been on the car for about 5 months and are still pretty clean. I'd read reviews online saying they were a nightmare to keep clean so i bought a white tyre letter pen to go over them when they get dirty, but i've not had to use it yet.

Sponsored

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Had exhaust fitted yesterday good work and done super quick the guys really know their stuff

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
That's good to hear Lewis :party:
- hopefully "hear" literally.
I've ordered mine, so should be here in a fortnight.

MrHanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
S550
Really liking the sound of that. I was convinced I was going to go for the Roush axle backs and then a H pipe if I wanted it louder, but after hearing the MBRP street in your video I am thinking twice

Mark

Enjoy! :)

I had that exact system on my fiveOh. It sounded the tits! Although, given the amount of sheer volume (people could hear me literal miles away when WOT), I swear they accidentally sent me the race system.

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
When mine is fitted I'll upload some before / after sound clips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Customer driving away...`Kin Brilliant :rockon:

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Hahahaha yea nice disclaimer we don't drive your car like this but we will ask you too for the video

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Delivery arrived from Tarmac Sportz yesterday, exactly one week from placing order, I'm impressed.
I'll start a new thread on the MBRP exhaust when I've had time to fit it, probably next week sometime.
Happy with Tarmac Sportz.
IMG_20180919_191642.jpg
IMG_20180919_192712.jpg
IMG_20180919_191925.jpg
IMG_20180919_191910.jpg
IMG_20180919_191855.jpg

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)