Best Place to Sell GT350R

rcbjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R
I am interested in selling my 2016 GT350R. I have tried listing on Autotrader and CarGurus but their drop down menus don't list the GT350R. Any suggestions on the best place to sell my R? Any input greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
ebay might be the best way to reach a national audience. craigslist is a viable option. A savvy user will use the craigslist aggregator searchtempest to find your car. cars.com is an option. Most if not all of these sites allow you to add keywords (GT350R) that will funnel searches to your ad.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Depending on what you’re asking, the Facebook groups will get a ton of attention...3 off the top of my head in particular would get an R a ton of exposure, but if you’re trying to recoup any ADM you might wana turn the comments off lol...GLWS

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
R's do show up in a search on Cargurus and Autotrader...that's where I did most of my searching. Everything on Ebay was way overpriced and I felft were dealers just looking for a sucker. I actually ended up buying private party from a member that messaged me on a Facebook forum.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rcbjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R
Thanks for the advice! No interest at $69k on Autotrader or this website. Am I too high?

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
You need to provide some info on mileage and condition of the vehicle w pics. But if i had to take a wild guess, 69k is definitely too high for a used R.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Is 69k higher than MSRP? If so then yes, you're too high.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
69 actually isn’t high. It’s msrp, the problem is if you are a private seller, buyers have more risk than if they bought from a dealer. Used Rs have sold from dealers from 72k and higher.

If you have modified your R then it will be harder to sell because people like a factory stock car. But if you leave it at 69, you will get offers. It will just take some time.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Selling a high value used car on your own is difficult. People are looking for dealer financing in many cases and as ridiculous as it sounds they will pass you over to buy from a dealer at a higher price to arrange financing and some type of warranty.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i can't imagine not having my own financing lined up and letting a dealer take care of that for me, and by take care of that i mean give me a fkn terrible rate

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Mostly people will have financing already setup, but choosing to buy from a dealer still has a safety factor that private sales do not.

With a dealer, the car is not still being driven so it’s condition is set, it has gone through an inspection and if after the sale something is amiss, the customer has recourses to have the problem fixed or have the sale reversed. With a car bought from a private seller, the car may still be being driven so it’s condition is constantly changing. There are no inspections and the buyer needs to inquire to have the car inspected by a third party. In a private purchase, once the money is exchanged, it is over. The person can disappear and your have no recourse if you discover an issue that was not stated or disclosed. Many banks will not finance a car if the money is going to a private seller because of the inherent risk.

There is also the matter of the title and DMV. For a dealer car, there are no liens to the bank and all forms are quickly sent to the DMV, in a private situation there still may be a lien and the buyer and seller would have to contact the bank previous to the sale being approved. All of the dmv forms and change of ownership also has to be done by the buyer and seller. In some cases this all goes smoothly, but in other cases it can be a nightmare if the seller does not send forms promptly or may not send forms at all.

Because of all of the above many people stick to dealers either because they have to in the case of the bank will only finance cars that are at a dealer, or because of the inherent risk.

The nature of the kind of car an R, it’s viewed as a collector so the prices hover around the 70s and above, new or used. Some used are selling higher than brand new cars, so it’s a mixed bag.

In some situations a person may think why buy used if they can get a new R for 5-7k more, in some cases. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. So the market is hard and other used and new cars are at dealers and do not have the same risk.

The risk in a private sell is not just on the buyers side, sellers need to be aware that there is a lot of counterfeiting going on with bank checks, so if you get a cashiers check DO NOT release the car until it has cleared with your bank in 2-7 days.

If you need to sell quickly the best bet is to take the car to your local dealer or an exotics dealer and they will jump on the car like a fumble, but if you want the highest payout by selling it yourself you will have to wait for the right buyer. At that price 69k, someone will come along, but it may take time.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
there is one listed locally with a spare set of forgline wheels and 5k miles for 61k 2016 edition tech pack.

(anecdotal market survey help)

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
there is one listed locally with a spare set of forgline wheels and 5k miles for 61k 2016 edition tech pack.

(anecdotal market survey help)
Apples to oranges comparison. Tech pack car to an R, and thats a high price for that car too.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Apples to oranges comparison. Tech pack car to an R, and thats a high price for that car too.
Tech pack R... or R with the sync/navigation option... whatever that's called
Sponsored