Vehicle Showcase
That's a 305/35 /20
20180908_222121.jpg

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not necessary but the eccentric makes an accurate, performance algnment much easier (perhaps the only accurate way in fact). Since toe and camber adjustments are related, the ability to make fine adjustments is important. Many shops are unaware of how the rear camber is adjusted and even if they are told about the slotted adjustment either won't do it or just bang on it a few times and declare good enough. My shop really liked it.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessary but the eccentric makes an accurate, performance algnment much easier (perhaps the only accurate way in fact). Since toe and camber adjustments are related, the ability to make fine adjustments is important. Many shops are unaware of how the rear camber is adjusted and even if they are told about the slotted adjustment either won't do it or just bang on it a few times and declare good enough. My shop really liked it.

Toe and camber are related on the front of the car, because caster. On the rear adjusting one won't change the other very much because the rear tires aren't castered like the fronts.

Strictly speaking, no you don't need adjustable camber arms. Plenty of cars out there who have gotten their rear camber adjusted without the specialty part. Is it easier with the part? Probably, but if you're not changing it a bunch I'd save your money. The alignment shop isn't going to charge you less if you have a nice part versus having the stock adjustment.

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Literally watched the rear alignment with the digital readout. My tech took an extra 10 minutes per side iterating between toe link and camber arm before we got things dialed in. The rear suspension geometry is what it is.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
My alignment guy likes them

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just to be clear the Steeda part we're talking about adapts the slotted adjuster for an eccentric. Steeda also makes an adjustable camber arm. The latter is a whole different thing.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the rear camber adjustment kit in action:

We also have the adjustable rear camber arms

Both are great options - shoot me an email at [email protected] if we can help assist!

TJ
Sponsored