Sponsored

whipple IAT sensor

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I was curious, my buddy just purchased a used Whipple set up.. the IAT sensor that is screwed into the manifold is broken off.. It seems like someone red loctited the sensor in.. does that sensor come installed from whipple when new? tried to eazy out it but the sensor is plastic and the easy out just cuts into it.. ended up torching it out...
IMG_20180912_213001.jpg
Sponsored

WhippledGT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was curious, my buddy just purchased a used Whipple set up.. the IAT sensor that is screwed into the manifold is broken off.. It seems like someone red loctited the sensor in.. does that sensor come installed from whipple when new? tried to eazy out it but the sensor is plastic and the easy out just cuts into it.. ended up torching it out...
IMG_20180912_213001.jpg
I have the same problem, I’m trying to install the VMP IAT harness but I can’t get the whipple IAT sensor out, it’s nylon and red loctite’d down. We have and easy out and a torch but don’t want to do anything to the manifold or fuel rails, how’d You get it out?

OP
OP
SloSVO

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
after failing with the eazy out.. I resorted to burning it out and then scraping it out with a pick... now I'm going to chase it with a 3/8npt tap to clean it out some more.... if you don't have to remove it.. I probably wouldn't pull it out

WhippledGT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
after failing with the eazy out.. I resorted to burning it out and then scraping it out with a pick... now I'm going to chase it with a 3/8npt tap to clean it out some more.... if you don't have to remove it.. I probably wouldn't pull it out
The company I have the tune for says they want this wiring harness and new brass IAT sensor that comes with it. If it’s that much of a hassle though I don’t think it’s worth it.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Didn’t have any issues getting my default IAT Out.... i put it to the side for whatever reason.

OP
OP
SloSVO

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
My thing is.. there was no need to loctite the mofo in there..I just didn't know if the cunt that installed it was the shop the original owner used or whipple installed it...

WhippledGT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My thing is.. there was no need to loctite the mofo in there..I just didn't know if the cunt that installed it was the shop the original owner used or whipple installed it...
Whipple has it come like that but that sensor was ripped off, I told a shop to do it initially and they shredded the bolt down to where a 19mm socket just spun. Idk what to do anymore

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It came like that from whipple, I promise you.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We always replace the one that comes installed on the kit with another factory unit before putting the blower on the car. This way its easy to remove/replace with the blower installed on the car. This comes in handy for those who get an aftermarket tune at a later date which requires a different IAT sensor and harness.

OP
OP
SloSVO

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
We always replace the one that comes installed on the kit with another factory unit before putting the blower on the car. This way its easy to remove/replace with the blower installed on the car. This comes in handy for those who get an aftermarket tune at a later date which requires a different IAT sensor and harness.

what is the common replacement piece? also do you guys have a "reseal kit" for the 2.9 whipples.. looking at replacing all the oring type gaskets.. like blower to manifold etc..

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
what is the common replacement piece? also do you guys have a "reseal kit" for the 2.9 whipples.. looking at replacing all the oring type gaskets.. like blower to manifold etc..
An OEM 13-14 GT500 IAT2 sensor is what we use. We don't offer a reseal kit for the Whipple setups. That would be something you'll want to contact them direct about.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Sponsored