Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The new GT500 better be a truly mind-blowing car after all the hype and wait.......
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I sold my 95 GT race car to finance a GT500. I had a Hellcat as a back up plan. I got tired of waiting. And didn't really want a hellcat. So I bought a supercharger. And bolted it on my 15 Gt. Ill be hunting hellcats and GT500s when it finally comes out. At the drag strip.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You guys should pop in over at C6G and tell them where you’re finding all these bargains, especially on ZL1 and 1LE. One of the biggest gripes over there is dealers not willing to come off MSRP. Maybe $1000 here or there, but not much movement. Chevrolet is offering ZERO discounts. Some dealers are offering a little off their own margin. Meanwhile Ford is offering $1,000 and 6.9% financing for 84 months on 2019 Mustangs.

LOL, 6.9%? Unless your FICO is below 650 that is a crap rate.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
LOL at people thinking the ME Vette will be the 2nd coming of Jesus...prepare to be let down.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I got tired waiting for the GT500 and bought a Z06 for now. Whenever the GT500 finally comes out I'll evaluate it against my Z06 and the C8 Vette.

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
I've had nothing but mustangs for 17 years, all my cars since I started driving have been mustangs.
I now have a 2016 GT and enjoy the car but looking for that next level upgrade.

Most performance brands have upgraded their models: Challenger and Charger Hellcats, C7 Corvettes, Camaro ZL1, etc...
Ford has been "sleeping on the wheel" and the GT500 is very late in my opinion.
Not to count that once it's delivered(whenever that is), it will be impossible to find one and all of them will have insane markups.

I'm tired of waiting for the GT500, and after 17 years, I'm currently looking at the Camaro ZL1.
It has great reviews, great power, great handling, great transmission and I can order one now.

Anyone else think Ford is late with the GT500? Anyone else looking at other cars?
Thoughts on the ZL1?
You are soooooooooooooooo RIGHT !!!
BUT, never, never ,never anything but a Mustang.
Just took delivery of my new BULLITT and its Heaven!!!
Planning to add a Roush Phase ll Supercharger and take it over 700 HP then put on some real tires and slotted brakes.
Make My Day !!!

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
If its just going to be a stick shift supercharged 720 HP car then they completely missed the mark but a decent part of me thinks Ford has something up their sleeve with how long this has taken and all the spy shots running with Porsches and stuff. They couldve easily released it by now with that old formula.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Wasn't there just like 4 or 5 articles recently by car rags talking about how GM is looking at lowering the price of Camaros because they cant sell them as is. Lowering the price ain't gonna help. And you can easily get a Z06 at a very close price to a ZL1 once discounts are applied by the big dealers. I'll take the Z06 all day

Sponsored
OP
OP

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
Wasn't there just like 4 or 5 articles recently by car rags talking about how GM is looking at lowering the price of Camaros because they cant sell them as is. Lowering the price ain't gonna help. And you can easily get a Z06 at a very close price to a ZL1 once discounts are applied by the big dealers. I'll take the Z06 all day
I get your point but I'm looking for a daily driver with 4 seats(I know it's tight but still 4 seats), so the corvette is out for now.
And for now, I don't want a beater as a second car.

Reactions: _M_

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
No. What has been discussed for about the last 9 months is that GM is considering either a lower content V8 model below the 1SS. Mustang and Challenger both have a lower V8 “point of entry”. There may also be some look at lower content for V6 RS models. So far the sub-1SS V8 hasn’t happened, so very unlikely. The 2.0T 1LE is a move towards offering more performance on the lower cost end of the portfolio.

Reactions: _M_

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You can hardly use ADM as an excuse because we ALL know the GT500 well have steep ADM, shoot there's still ADM on GT350! Do you really think its wise to go off what ones dealer said! I'll bet $5 to winners charity of choice that the ME Vette has an entry price around 70K (which is over a 10K bump from the current entry point.)
I referred to ADM on the 500 not the c8, stating potential ADM on the c8 could widen the pricepoint disparity and cross shopping. I'm not big on trusting dealers but I know my buddies relationship with his dealer and the volume they buy...monthly.

If Chevy drops the front engine platform all together perhaps your right and again you'll be able to get one for 10k+ under MSRP without asking. All indications that I've seen do not point to that but as I said I'm not a Vette guy. Been in enough to know it's not my kind of car.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I referred to ADM on the 500 not the c8, stating potential ADM on the c8 could widen the pricepoint disparity and cross shopping. I'm not big on trusting dealers but I know my buddies relationship with his dealer and the volume they buy...monthly.

If Chevy drops the front engine platform all together perhaps your right and again you'll be able to get one for 10k+ under MSRP without asking. All indications that I've seen do not point to that but as I said I'm not a Vette guy. Been in enough to know it's not my kind of car.
A buddy of mine who started the new ME forum is very well connected with the Corvette team, and all indications are the C8 will become mid engine. With that a price increase of no more than 7-10k he believes. I think this has a very negative impact for the 500, however a positive impact for perspective buyers. If ford wanted to maximize sales it should’ve been shown last Jan. And available this fall. Now by the time it debuts and is available the entry ME will be available. To this point much of the rumors point to an overweight, nothing extra special 500. I was really hopeful that the base 500 would be 720-750 hp and have a weight around 4K not the suggested 4200 plus! Time will tell, but I don’t think the timing is good.