About to pay adm

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Good work, man. So glad you found your car at MSRP. They're out there. Anybody who pays an ADM on a Bullitt is throwing
money down the drain. I paid an ADM once and said never again. Still a Bullitt down the street from me at 10K ADM. It's been sitting in the showroom for over 5 weeks with no takers. Maybe the word is getting out there through sites like this.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'll be posting my video on the ceramic process in a week or two but so far I'm really liking it. I think in addition to the better shine the main perk is that less stuff sticks to it, so the car doesn't really get as dirty in the first place. Cleaning is much easier too. They coated the wheels and brake calipers too, and I've noticed it repels the brake dust better. With the 5 layer ceramic I did, you never have to wax again. They do recommend a "maintenance" each year where they add a new top layer to keep the shine. While it does protect a little bit, it's fairly limited in that regard so I didn't do it for that. That's what the XPEL wrap is for. I won't drive mine at all once the temps get below 40 degrees, just wanted the protection for road trips and things like that.

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'll be posting my video on the ceramic process in a week or two but so far I'm really liking it. I think in addition to the better shine the main perk is that less stuff sticks to it, so the car doesn't really get as dirty in the first place. Cleaning is much easier too. They coated the wheels and brake calipers too, and I've noticed it repels the brake dust better. With the 5 layer ceramic I did, you never have to wax again. They do recommend a "maintenance" each year where they add a new top layer to keep the shine. While it does protect a little bit, it's fairly limited in that regard so I didn't do it for that. That's what the XPEL wrap is for. I won't drive mine at all once the temps get below 40 degrees, just wanted the protection for road trips and things like that.
Interested to hear your thoughts, Matt. I just got my Bullitt wrapped in Xpel and coated with Gtechniq Ultra Serum and a few other Gtechniq products and I love the look, really makes the paint stand out. I'm in Delaware so if you want to ride east a bit maybe we can compare!:wink:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Hey Tickdoc, glad it all worked out for you. Like yourself, I come from a history of German cars, but I've owned a few Chevys along the way, so 'merican build quality is not new to me. My expectations are, I think, set right. Kudos to you for holding out and not paying above invoice.

My current BMW DD has LED headlights, and I think they suck. I'd much rather have my xenons back. A step up from Halogens, but not much.

OP
OP
Tickdoc

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Just a little update....I keep getting calls from some of the dealers that had their in stock bullitts listed above ADM. They want to deal now. PM me if you are still interested and I'll pass their info on. That is all.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good to hear some dealers are starting to come back to reality.

Gaglug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear some dealers are starting to come back to reality.
I just picked up #1902 yesterday near Chicago for MSRP/no ADM. Two other dealerships I talked to still wanted 5k-8k over.

So there is some sanity out there among the madness.

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
I just picked up #1902 yesterday near Chicago for MSRP/no ADM. Two other dealerships I talked to still wanted 5k-8k over.

So there is some sanity out there among the madness.
I live in Chicago. What’s the name of the dealership in case they get another Bullitt in the near future?

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For a fucking bullitt?!! NO WAY!! it's a GT with accents.
Since you asked, it's not just crazy, It's abso fucking lutely asinine for someine to pay one red cent over MSRP for that car.

...... Theres a little more to it than that. The bullitt will hold its value better than a gt.... there are features that make it unique and collectable, hence the reason so many are willing to pay over list for one.

And a 2019 will be more valuable than the 2020 moving forward, so "being patient" and waiting for the 2020 to come out probably will not be advantageous. The second year car is always shadowed by the original. Especially in the case of a 50th anniversary.

All that said I doubt I'd ever spend over list either..... I lucked into mine and was fortunate enough to pay under list. :rockon:

Gaglug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Chicago. What’s the name of the dealership in case they get another Bullitt in the near future?
I got it from Bill Kay Ford down in Midlothian in the south suburbs. I had been watching inventories online (yes I know they're frequently inaccurate) and I happened to see it on the website right after it arrived at the dealership. I jumped in the car, drove 100 miles to get it, then drove it home.

I overheard one of the guys talking in the back when I was buying the car. "What? The Bullitt is sold already? We waited 6 months for it to come in and it's gone in 2 days!" :crackup:

Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
For 2 months a Bullitt sat in a showroom here in Abbotsford B.C. Canada with a 10K ADM. Today I see it advertised at the Canadian MSRP. I think we'll see this trend happening more often in the weeks and months to come.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
We're also heading into winter and fun cars in general are a tough sell this time of year so dealers have to dial back their expectations. Many classic car prices are also way lower now than they were in the spring. To add to that, demand is dying down now that most of the Bullitt fans have already bought their cars. There's still some dealers like my local dealership that will likely cling onto that ADM until the next model year hoping some idiot walks through the door, but most dealers wise up pretty quickly once they see demand is gone.

OP
OP
Tickdoc

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
I got it from Bill Kay Ford down in Midlothian in the south suburbs. I had been watching inventories online (yes I know they're frequently inaccurate) and I happened to see it on the website right after it arrived at the dealership. I jumped in the car, drove 100 miles to get it, then drove it home.

I overheard one of the guys talking in the back when I was buying the car. "What? The Bullitt is sold already? We waited 6 months for it to come in and it's gone in 2 days!" :crackup:

FWIW, I was the first to respond to the dealer that I purchased mine from. They posted it for sale and I inquired less than four hours later thanks to this forum and their autotrader listing. They barely had time to get it prepped and cleaned!

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
FWIW, I was the first to respond to the dealer that I purchased mine from. They posted it for sale and I inquired less than four hours later thanks to this forum and their autotrader listing. They barely had time to get it prepped and cleaned!
Identical situation with the acquisition of my car. Frequent Autotrader searches are your friend, pay attention to the "new listings". Call as soon as you see a new listing. There are quite a few MSRP deals out there....below MSRP is probably just around the corner!

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Not trying to thread jack or anything... but, for anyone in/near MD looking for one... Koons Silver Spring currently has a green one (K1591) in the showroom. It has a $10k adm sticker on the window BUT the sales managers are willing to sell it for MSRP. It has the Electronics Package, car cover, and Magneride. I only have 2 pics on my phone at the moment. I'll add the window sticker to this post on Monday when I go back to work.

20181001_174755.jpg
20181001_174813.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: