Sponsored

2018 Twin Disc Stock Clutch HP/TQ Limit???

Switch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Planning on going to a vortech or procharger setup next spring on my 18 GT PP1 car and and did some thread searching on clutch limitations and haven't found much for the new 2018 twin disc cars. Haven't found much yet on clutches available for the 2018s that give some pricing ideas other than the mantics at $2k+. Just want to be prepared when I budget for boost. I know it will need one eventually, but if I can get by without it for a year or 2 that would be much easier on the wallet.

Car only sees 2-3k miles a year at best (I live in a snow covered hell hole) and will only see the track maybe twice a year for now. I don't drive it hard on the street, but at the track it will be on drag radials or slicks. Like I said, I know a clutch is to be expected just wondering how much the twin disc will take vs the single disc in the earlier cars. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Switch

Switch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Wow nobody?? Pretty sad that I got a reply back from Palm Beach Dyno today on a face book posting saying they never even see manual cars anymore. Starting to really regret buying the 6spd.....

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
i dont know about you, but i LOVE my 6spd to death. Mind you , i dont really track my car. Im a lights to lights guy who wants to hear my engine talk to me while shifting those gears... cant get that with an auto. Put the blower on and find out yourself, whats the worst that can happen?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Whipple on my 18 manual GT. Not sure what the torque spec is for the factory clutch, but I've got 3K miles on it now with the Whipple and it's still going strong. I haven't put it on slicks or anything yet as I'm sure the stock unit will be on borrowed time at that point. As of now, the only price reference I have is the Mantic unit which is over 2k. I did speak to the guys at McLeod, and they said they should have an offering for the 18 by November sometime, so at least there will be an option other than the Mantic. No idea what the price will be though.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
Will a 18 clutch work in a 16 with a flywheel swap with it?
Sponsored