Sponsored

6R80 FI remote tune discussion

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Hey, wanted to start a thread on remote tuning for those of us with a 6R80 FI car. I've read lots of threads on the FI remote tuning, but those are filled with posts from both M6 and 6r80 owners. Wanted to get a focused thread going on 6r80 cars. I am choosing a tuner and need some input for my mostly daily driver car that sees the strip twice a year (running whipple tune). Thought it might help to gather feedback on:

1. Type of power adder?
2. Daily driver, track car or both?
3. What tuner are you using? Who is the person that did your tune? What tuners have you used?
4. Results. How happy are you with your tune for the goals you have for your car?
5. How are the shifts, drivabilty and throttle response? These seem to be the key items for an auto car.
6. Please add anything else i didn't include that you think would help others.

Thanks for any responses! Your feedback will help me for sure and maybe others looking for a good remote tune for their 6r80 car.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
1. Procharger P1sc
2. Daily
3. PBD, Rob S.
4. My setup evolves often and revisions come quickly and address the issue. Very satisfied!
5. Stock converter driveability and response was great shifts crisp. Added 4c converter/exedy stg2/TCS shaft and knew changes needed to be made, made a few passes and sent log. Shifts back to being quick and crisp under normal driving, back to track this Thursday to log again.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
1. Type of power adder?
Hellion twin turbo
2. Daily driver, track car or both?
Weekend car that gets raced on the street and track
3. What tuner are you using? Who is the person that did your tune? What tuners have you used?
Jon Jr @ Lund tuned it. Dakota has been updating it for me as I change things
4. Results. How happy are you with your tune for the goals you have for your car?
I'm very happy with it. No issues at all!
5. How are the shifts, drivabilty and throttle response?
Car shifts very fast both from rolls on the street and at the drag strip. The car drives very smoothly and you'd barely tell it had a big converter and built trans. Throttle response seems great but I only ever go WOT in sport mode after paddling down into gear. I never just whack the pedal in drive and let it down shift. Trying to keep the trans alive.
6. Please add anything else i didn't include that you think would help others.
My 6R80 is built (shaft + clutches) with a Circle D 2B converter. The 1-2 shift part-throttle is dogshit after I flash a new tune but after a few miles, it learns and smooths out. I don't know why that is but it always gets better with a few miles.
Sponsored