Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Gonna try the Firestone Indy 500s, as they have a huge amount of positive feed-back on Tirerack.com.

Supposedly they have the grip, steering feel, they're quiet, and aren't retarded when cold like the OEM UHP Pirellis.

I got 21K out of my fronts, and I've already replaced my rears once. There's a crack in the rubber, middle of the tire, all the way around, on my original right-front tire, and the ride quality is really bad. Can't wait to get the new boots on the car.
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I ordered these too along with my new mags. Can't wait either!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're great tires. They won't have quite as much ultimate grip as the Pzeros when those are hot (racetrack), but they're better at everything else. I'd say the turn-in will be a little softer too, but not so much that you'll dislike the tires.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
They're great tires. They won't have quite as much ultimate grip as the Pzeros when those are hot (racetrack), but they're better at everything else. I'd say the turn-in will be a little softer too, but not so much that you'll dislike the tires.
Did/do you have them on your car?

The reviews on Tirerack.com can be a bit weird, with one reviewer saying one thing, and another saying the exact opposite.

But they sure do appear to be great tires, despite being the cheapest.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did/do you have them on your car?

The reviews on Tirerack.com can be a bit weird, with one reviewer saying one thing, and another saying the exact opposite.

But they sure do appear to be great tires, despite being the cheapest.
I've ridden in/driven several cars with them, and there's many on here with them. @Bluemustang just got them on his 19x9.5 square setup and really likes them. My daily summer tires are the Bridgestone RE760, which are the same compound and almost the same construction, but different tread pattern.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@NoVaGT - I've got these on my car. I also had them in 235/50R18 on my stock rims. I really love these tires. I think you will enjoy them.

FWIW - the ride quality is way better than the Pirell PZero Nero tires that came stock on my car. And the grip it's not even close. Of course the PZero Nero is an A/S tire so the grip shouldn't be comparable to this. But nevertheless, the Firestones seems to fit the car very well, grip good, and have an aggressive tread pattern that looks cool.

Like you - I read a bunch of reviews on TireRack before purchasing. I saw quite a few reviewers say they had 9/10 of the grip of the MPSS. The only criticism I saw of the tire reviews is the steering response isn't nearly as good as say the Michelins. For street driving, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the grip. The tires are pretty predictable when they let go which I also like. Sure, MPSS or MP4S would be a better tire, but for the $ the Indy 500 is great.

I'm running 285/30R19 square setup BTW.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was thinking about replacing my OEM all-seasons with these, as the pricing is good and the tire gets good ratings all-around...but I was concerned that some reviews said they tend to flat-spot when parked overnight or for a couple of days. I think that's not unusual for summer performance tires, but I've had that problem with various tires (Cooper, Kumho, some BFGs) and I'd rather not deal with that again.

I'm thinking about Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, or PS4s... but man they are pricey.

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about replacing my OEM all-seasons with these, as the pricing is good and the tire gets good ratings all-around...but I was concerned that some reviews said they tend to flat-spot when parked overnight or for a couple of days. I think that's not unusual for summer performance tires, but I've had that problem with various tires (Cooper, Kumho, some BFGs) and I'd rather not deal with that again.

I'm thinking about Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, or PS4s... but man they are pricey.
I'm running Indy 500's and my GT sits for a week or two at a time, and I've never had any issues with flat spots.

Like others have said, the steering is less responsive than what you'd get with a MPSS or MP4S, but the price differential more than makes up for it.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ran them on my 15 GT/PP and, for the price, they're stellar, though it's really not that fair to try and compare them to the MPSS, for instance. I really liked the tire and I'd consider them on my new car for sure without hesitation. Problem that most folks have with the tire is "firestone/firehawk", if they didn't know that and you otherwise referred to the tire as the Bridgestone Re003 the response you get can be glaringly different.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
They went on yesterday.

First, my front OEM, original, 21K miles UHP Pirelli tires were so shot, it's amazing. The rears, which I had already replaced, had one tire I kept for emergencies.

So, the ride quality is restored. Going from completely shot tires to new is great, and the 500s ride quietly and smoothly. Yes, the steering response is slightly less crisp, but that's not a big deal since Sport steering is quite sharp.

I love it when people buy new tires and then gush about them. Saying how much better than the OEM/last tires they had. Well, of course they're better. The old tires were shot, and the new tires are.....new.

Anyways, the car rides and drives like new again. I'd even say the ride quality is better than when I first purchased the car brand-new.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Do you have any road noise with yours? Mine are a little loud between 30 and 40 mph.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Do you have any road noise with yours? Mine are a little loud between 30 and 40 mph.
There's some noise on textured concrete. I play music most of the time, so noise isn't a bit deal.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I now 20k miles on mine (both front and rear). Phenomenal tread life compared to the PZeros.

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
nice tires,awsome reviews
unfortunately they dont make my rear tire size (305/35/19) or Id order up a set today

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just went from Bridestone S-04 pole positions & can't tell any difference. 280 treadwear for the S-04's, 340 for the Indy's.
I've driven in the extreme wet and warm & dry and these are great tires. I have 255/40/18 front, 255/45/18 rear. The price from $195 a shoe to $150 a shoe helped me decide for my DD.
Sponsored