WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Turn up Hansen, it's been known to make things give up and go away ;)

Is it consistent and repeatable? Where does it seem to be coming from?
Hard to tell, perhaps from the passenger side of the engine bay.

You're right about the music - I can barely notice it when tunes are playing.

It's probably just a Mustang thing.
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Sound tube perhaps?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@ Bushranger g'day Peter did you get any traction on the path/s you were heading down earlier this year?

Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
@ Bushranger g'day Peter did you get any traction on the path/s you were heading down earlier this year?
No. I only addressed the oil cooler issue. Which resulted in No formal response to the letter of complaint, followed by 3 very frustrating phone conversations with Ford's customer relations section and then a report by me to the ACCC via their website. The ACCC referred me to the NSW Fair Trading, but my thoughts were that Fair Trading would only act on a real case of Ford not complying with Australian Consumer Law and at this point their is no evidence that they will not comply, as no one is outside the 3 year warranty yet. So they (Ford) have done nothing wrong (yet). I don't think anything can be done until there is a real case of AC failure when we are out of warranty. My AC compressor was replaced at 10,000 km, I don't use my car very much and I'm not sure if the root cause of my compressor failure (due to alleged under gassing at the factory) has been found. I don't want to be the guinea pig but I am unfortunately on the short list. I am out of warranty in early March 2019.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
My last trip away the climate control was acting up, wouldn't regulate the heater properly then on LO setting no cold air....
took it in when I got home and problem was diagnosed as a blocked condenser??
this was replaced last week and boy i,m freezing my arse off now on LO setting,
I suspect it wasn't right from new. I guess time will tell.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I imagine that this coming summer will knock a lot more out.

The first Australian warranties start expiring in December I believe - how Ford deal with the first few failures out of warranty will be telling.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Well tragically I'm joining the faulty AC Club.

Over the weekend the car was making a high pitched whining noise on start up and it would gradually disappear when everything warmed up after about a good 10 to 15 minutes driving. Then yesterday it suddenly stopped making said whinny noise, Yippee self fixing! Then today after driving for 5 minutes the whinny noise came on real loud for 2 seconds, then the Aircon stopped working. Even on "Max cooling" air was warm.

I have noticed in the past that sometimes the non aircon air was way warmer than ambient, and sometimes I had to turn the aircon off and on again to get it working but this was just over and out, gonski, caput!

Booked in next Tuesday at City Ford Zetland Sydney. Anyone here had experience with them re aircon repairs??

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Repairs all done, replaced condenser, it was leaking or not working or whatever and causing the belt to act up and make weird noises.

It's working fine now with no odd noises. Fingers crossed.

I had a demo 2017 GT as a loaner for two days and it was very surprising to notice the big difference in performance between my car with some not too expensive tuning options and the stock car. You just get used to the extra grunt. I added 37 kws at the wheels (on rollers) and it kicks in low as well so very noticeable. It also reminded me why I went with the Shockworks Coilovers and threw the POS Pirelli's in the bin!

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Repairs all done, replaced condenser, it was leaking or not working or whatever and causing the belt to act up and make weird noises.

It's working fine now with no odd noises. Fingers crossed.

I had a demo 2017 GT as a loaner for two days and it was very surprising to notice the big difference in performance between my car with some not too expensive tuning options and the stock car. You just get used to the extra grunt. I added 37 kws at the wheels (on rollers) and it kicks in low as well so very noticeable. It also reminded me why I went with the Shockworks Coilovers and threw the POS Pirelli's in the bin!
Great news to hear everything is fixed and working.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Good to see you're happy with the job Flying Fiz.

Driving a stocker has been known to make people appreciate their own modified car. How would you characterise the Shockworks vs the stock suspension?

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Was driving the car on the weekend, cranked up the AC for the first time and outside warm air just came in :frown:
Took it into ford in NZ and the lady seemed to know exactly what was going on, said they've done a few and its something covered by Ford. Booked in for Wednesday so hopefully will be all sorted. Will post an update after.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Shockworks get rid of that wallowing lurching lounge chair feel. It corners better way and less wheel spin on takeoff etc. They are 10 point adjustable. I have mine on 0 as recommended for normal street driving. Its also lowered 30mm which looks better and helps overall with a lower centre of gravity

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So as an update... Ford NZ wont repair my car as i purchased it as the 2nd owner in Australia, and then moved to NZ.... If i went back to Australia with my car it would be fixed.. :(
Sponsored