22 inch wheels.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
So I test drove a 2017 GT today (it’s a demo) with some added on good stuff and the wheels it has are 22’s and I was wondering (rough guide) when it came to replacing a tyre/s what sort of money would I be looking at per tyre or would I be getting shafted with no lube or so to speak? If I was to go ahead with the purchase this is something I’d need to know.
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S that everyone seems to be going with these days only comes in 19 and 20". Both your tyre choices between brands and specs will be limited i'd expect.

Without know what witdh and ratio tyres are on it now it's hard to say price, but you'd be limited to SUV tyres surely....so shit for a performance car. What you could get would be pricier due to being so uncommon.

I have 295/30/20 rears, which is more common and cheaper than say 305/30/20 rears and still price was something like $600 each.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Actually apart from cost, ride quality would be pretty shit with such narrow sidewalls?

20" max imo mate. Stockies are 19. I'd be inclined to see if the stockies came with it so you could sell the 22's lol

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to ask.... What tyres are on the car right now?

And yes, what size are the actual wheels?

And how is the ride with 22's?

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
No accident that Ford chose 19's for the performance pack and 20's as a style option.

22" would be a dynamic disaster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
noboot

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I was going to ask.... What tyres are on the car right now?

And yes, what size are the actual wheels?

And how is the ride with 22's?
Nitto Invo tyres unsure of the actual size but the rims are 22’s and the ride was great. I didn’t feel any harshness that worried me on the drive but that may be because of the suspension work it’s had. It all seemed to work very well together.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from lack of choice, when it comes to tyres, the other problem will be finding a tyre that actually meets the load rating. (Lack of sidewall causes the issue)
Nitto only make one Invo tyre that meets the load rating, none of them meet the speed rating.
It’s up to you, it’s your car. You may not care about such things, others might.
A 285/30/22 would literally look like a wagon wheel, possibly scraping the guards at full lock and the speedo would be WELL off.
Buyer beware.
8A094A72-9CCD-46B0-A8D8-D74B622C6381.jpeg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, Ecoboost is 96 front and back, GT's extra weight is at the front axle due to the larger engine, but that shows it in the back.
I can’t explain Ford logic

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The w speed rating is technically ok as it still exceeds the vehicles top speed

I had 22’s on G6E turbo years ago, made no difference to ride, speedo was out though

That said depends on what model mustang you have you may be ok

I have a 2018 and it’s out by 7km/h at 100k’s so 22’s would probably fix my car up

Personally I’d ask the dealer to swap them to another car and give you stock wheels and a discount

It’ll look like a roller skate

dirtysanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The w speed rating is technically ok as it still exceeds the vehicles top speed

I had 22’s on G6E turbo years ago, made no difference to ride, speedo was out though

That said depends on what model mustang you have you may be ok

I have a 2018 and it’s out by 7km/h at 100k’s so 22’s would probably fix my car up

Personally I’d ask the dealer to swap them to another car and give you stock wheels and a discount

It’ll look like a roller skate
You can always change the speedo through the OBD.
Sponsored