Sponsored

The GT350 really is quite rare

blueylewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
platinum white 2017
I saw a total of 5 different Gt350s in Reno NV, and two R's since they were released. This R was pretty dirty and although it looks like a nice day it was only about 30 degrees out when I took this picture. It made me wonder about his tires and freezing temps. I was shocked to see it.
gt350r.JPG
Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I see one every week in the Burbank/Glendale area. I know seen about GT350R’s around me, a triple yellow, magnetic metallic, and a shadow black.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I just passed a magnetic one in Helena, MT yesterday. Saw another one at a show a couple of months age. They are quite rare in the wild up here.

JTVUDOO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don’t think they import them to Hawaii. Been looking for years now, Zero! Around Sacramento, CA I see maybe one a month. The best Thumbs up car I’ve ever owned.

Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Santa Barbara/SoCal has quite a few roaming about, but primarily on weekends. Also, it's important to keep in mind that many GT350 owners don't use the car as a DD (I know one locally that only really drives his to Cars and Coffee, that's all :crying:), whereas many people with "non-GT350" Mustangs are generally using them as their main-car/DD (myself included). Granted, this doesn't apply to everyone, but I would imagine this is the norm (I have a friend who DDs his C7 Zo6 absolutely everywhere). What is even more rare is an official S550 Shelby Super Snake, which I've only seen "out-in-the-wild" once, and only a few weeks ago while cruising around town. I still break my neck every time I see a Gt350 though.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I saw a total of 5 different Gt350s in Reno NV, and two R's since they were released. This R was pretty dirty and although it looks like a nice day it was only about 30 degrees out when I took this picture. It made me wonder about his tires and freezing temps. I was shocked to see it.
gt350r.JPG
Those do not appear to be soft R compound tires. Certainly not cup 2's

Reactions: _M_

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I saw an R once, in 2016, in the enclosed transport trailer parked behind mine upon delivery of my car to Florida from California, lol. After backing it off the trailer to get mine out, the transport driver dropped the clutch and buried the accelerator... car definitely was not warmed up. Once he returned from his Ferris Bueller joy ride I let him know it wasn't cool. This avalanche R definitely had seen track use by the looks of its tires, but bet it never hit redline with cold engine oil before.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Interesting. We lived there for 17 years. I wouldn't have thought Kamloops would be a hotbed of GT350's given it has real winter!
Yes from November through March its real winter alright.I was the first one in town to own one.A couple of my friends bought R models shortly after.I got my car. I convinced them to fly down to track attack with me and we all caught the track bug together. We started going on driving trips together with some other folks who owned GTs and boss 302s. They traded them in on gt350s as well. For the 7 months of good driving weather we get I have managed to organise several group drives and always try to pick a new challenging twisty road for us every time. I always invite all my car friends on these drives and we have a pretty wild mix of vehicles amongst us. Almost every time someone has come up to me and said after watching how well the gt350s handle they are going to get one and end up doing so!!!

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here is a 2018 Base R model which is presently sitting in Manitoba and is 1 of only 2 Base 920A cars built for the Canadian market place prior to the May 1st deadline whereby all R's were mandated with the Electronics Package after that time.

:wink:
DSCF2399.JPG
DSCF2392.JPG

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Amazing color combo.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Family get away inin Orlando yesterday, Saturday September 15th and saw a black and white with red pin stripes and red center caps at Florida Mall parked in valet. Always nice to see another in person. Made me appreciate mine and ready to get back to Atlanta today to drive mine. Really thinking about Daytona on 2019 and putting it on the road for the IMSA Michelin Sports Car series.

Last edited:

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
saw an oxford with blue yesterday and the local dealership just sold an R same color....Pinehurst NC

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have seen one GT350 "in the wild" in downtown Chicago. No Rs.

But, get to a track day and they are everywhere. It's like the BMW M3 in the late '90s and early '00s, fantastic performance at a reasonable price that appeals to enthusiasts more than poseurs. I was at Grattan in Michigan last weekend and there were at least 5 GT350s including my R.
Sponsored