Sponsored

Just Got Lund Tune Installed

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So for around a year now, I have had ford racing pp3 and their tune, and just switched too Lund today. I really enjoyed the ford tune, but im gonna install some cat deletes soon and go forced induction, so might as well try Lund out for a bit. I put my stock throttle body back on for Lund tune. Very happy with Lund tune, seemed to bring back some torque down low that left after the pp3 install. Seems to have more power also. I miss the crackling exhaust though the ford tune had.

Anyway, Lund just sent me a tune and a link too the ngauge manual, and said nothing about sending them logs after the tune. Im a supposed to log and send to Lund for a basic email tune? Ive noticed my long term fuel trims while cruising are up a little but thats it. Around 8% from like 2% with old tune. Not to big of deal and I don't really care that much actually.

Also I had ngauge on the car for monitoring pids with the ford pp3 tune. The KnockR pid with the pp3 tune did nothing, like read 0 all the time. Now with lund at wot I saw -4. I always wondered if ford racing tunes turned off the knock sensors or something cause even data logging with procal tool I never saw any knock activity. Ive seem some threads with pinging with ford racing pp tunes, sounded like ping but no activty on knock sensors. Would seem incredibly stupid though to disable the knock sensors though
Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So for around a year now, I have had ford racing pp3 and their tune, and just switched too Lund today. I really enjoyed the ford tune, but im gonna install some cat deletes soon and go forced induction, so might as well try Lund out for a bit. I put my stock throttle body back on for Lund tune. Very happy with Lund tune, seemed to bring back some torque down low that left after the pp3 install. Seems to have more power also. I miss the crackling exhaust though the ford tune had.

Anyway, Lund just sent me a tune and a link too the ngauge manual, and said nothing about sending them logs after the tune. Im a supposed to log and send to Lund for a basic email tune? Ive noticed my long term fuel trims while cruising are up a little but thats it. Around 8% from like 2% with old tune. Not to big of deal and I don't really care that much actually.

Also I had ngauge on the car for monitoring pids with the ford pp3 tune. The KnockR pid with the pp3 tune did nothing, like read 0 all the time. Now with lund at wot I saw -4. I always wondered if ford racing tunes turned off the knock sensors or something cause even data logging with procal tool I never saw any knock activity. Ive seem some threads with pinging with ford racing pp tunes, sounded like ping but no activty on knock sensors. Would seem incredibly stupid though to disable the knock sensors though
Lund tune is adding 4 degrees of timing -4 is good.

OP
OP

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
yeah im very happy with tune. Just wondering if your supposed to send datalogs for basic email tunes?

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Might as well send a WOT pull and make sure everything is good they should have no issue taking a look at it.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I had to send logs before even getting tuned then numerous times throughout the tuning process in order to dial in my custom tune.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Alex had me send 3 logs:

1: Logged FF Tune on 93
2: Logged FF Tune on E85
3: Logged E85R Tune on E85

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
There should always be at least one log sent to your tuner to get the thumbs up.

Dakota at Lund sent me a few revisions and got my 18' just right.

OP
OP

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Well, Lund said nothing about logging and sending logs to them after installing tune. Just said theirs your tune and ngauge instructions on loading the tune. I will do a log and send it when it stops raining. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Well, Lund said nothing about logging and sending logs to them after installing tune. Just said theirs your tune and ngauge instructions on loading the tune. I will do a log and send it when it stops raining. Thanks for the info.

The process to get the log is this:
With the car at operating temp, start logging idle for 3-5 minutes, then rev the RPM to 1500 RPM and hold 10-15 seconds, then do the same for 2500 RPM and 3500 RPM. Keep the engine running and proceed to drive it. In 2nd or 3rd gear do a couple SLOW RPM climbs from 2500-5000 RPM. DO NOT go WOT. Stay part throttle. THEN, do ONE 2nd or 3rd gear 2500 to 7200 RPM WOT log. Come to a stop. Let it idle for 1-2 minutes. Stop the log and save it. It'll be a long log but it'll give me good info.

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Interesting that you installed the stock TB back on...

I have a stage 2 installed and just recently got a lund tune and it sucks on the bottom end. Best way to describe it is the car jerks and stumbles until I reach 2500 rpm then goes like a bat out of hell. Also on startup the RPM's fluctuate for couple seconds as if the cars about to die.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I never had to log any of that above. Lol. Just wot...
I think that goes for most of us. I’ve had two tuners work on my car, both are talked about highly on this forum. Neither acted like they even really wanted a log let alone wanted to go into detail about how to drive doing it. I still wonder how hard they really look at the logs people send them.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
I think that goes for most of us. I’ve had two tuners work on my car, both are talked about highly on this forum. Neither acted like they even really wanted a log let alone wanted to go into detail about how to drive doing it. I still wonder how hard they really look at the logs people send them.
well, I'm glad Alex asks for such detailed log and his responses to me show he has looked at the logs.
Sponsored