Sponsored

Clutch Popping

Warl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 2017 GT/CS (Current) 2018 GT350
So I am having an interesting issue. I have searched the forum and only really found issues of clutch popping whilst driving, this doesn't happen to me.

The car has 3,800 miles and so far the issue never arose. It started raining recently and it SEEMS like that might be a contributing factor. Usually after I drive in the rain and park the car and let it sit for about 8 or so hours when I try to put the car in either reverse or 1st it seems to hold at the bite point and not move until I release the clutch a bit more and "pop".

Before I hear the pop I do try and re-engage the clutch and gear to make sure it is engaged but it'll still make the pop sound. The issue does not happen anymore after it the first occurrence until I let the car sit, and depending on if it rained or not the issue comes back. It doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time on cold start ups.

Video of the sound;

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I’m sure it is your pads glueing themselves to your rotors after being put away wet. It happens to me also. It is more than just a pop if it sits for a couple weeks. Next time look at your rotors after backing out to see if they have ghost rust remnants from your pads.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup very common. Every time I wash the car if I just pull in the carport and wipe it dry and cover it the next morning or when ever I drive it they stick pretty tight. Have to give it a little gas to brake them loose. Sounds like you broke something but no harm is done.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Yes, sounds like the rotors and pads sticking due to wet conditions. Same thing happens after I wash mine and move it into the garage and then don't get in it until the next day - rotors lightly rust and the pads stick to them.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Yes, sounds like the rotors and pads sticking due to wet conditions. Same thing happens after I wash mine and move it into the garage and then don't get in it until the next day - rotors lightly rust and the pads stick to them.
Same. It’s normal.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
+1. Happened to me driving off the showroom floor...
Sponsored