Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
THATS great!

Did you do just the mufflers or the whole cat back with the resonator delete? Is it louder or quieter? Are the touring mufflers the quieter of the models? Did you have the resonator delete X or H with the CJPP?

Compare the sounds... I like the no drone. BUT for $2200 for the Corsa in Ontario, it’s ridiculous really. But just mufflers maybe...
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Just mufflers. They are not as loud as the CJPP mufflers, but more refined. To my ear, I absolutely love how they sound. Don't get me wrong, the CJPPs sounded really nice as I would ratchet through the gears. For me, I could not handle the drone.

The touring mufflers are the quieter ones in the Corsa line. If you want louder, you would have to go with the Sport mufflers.

I had the resonator when the CJPP were install and I still have it now. I may install a double X if I want more volume, but so far, I am very pleased.

The CJPP is a very well made, quality muffler with excellent material. And they do sound good until you get in 5th or 6th gear and cruise between 100 and 125 km/h. Then they drone like a motherfucker and are very boomy in the cabin.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s good.

I know... when I cruise the highway (Ontario) I find the drone between 90km and 105. Above that I’m golden and just sounds nice! But I certainly understand the drone and wanting it gone!

Send me a PM if what you paid and where. I assume you’re in canada as well... I’d want the regular stainless tips though... lol.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I bought them off of a friend for $500 CAD. I'm in Laval, QC.

He had them on his 2017 GT that he traded in for a Hellcat.

I do had a set of chrome Corsa tips if you ever pick up mufflers :)

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well I am FINALLY prepping to install my CJ axle backs. This has been a busy summer and just haven’t had the time to be quite honest. Anyway, I didn’t have any ramps, and couldn’t find a set for the height I was looking for. (I wanted 12” and could only find 7-8”) and he sets I did try, just didn’t fit under my bumper properly ( ramp angle was too steep) so I built a set.

Here is step one in my quest for an exhaust exchange. I can party under there. LOL
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

...... and YES, I did block my wheels after I took these pics

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
All changed out. Drivers side is set back about 1/4” compared to the passenger side. And passenger side sits a little lower. Overall I am pleased with the look. Maybe the stock did the same thing. I hadn’t really looked. LOL.

Now time for a ride.
3A8E07CF-3940-49D9-9764-7B0DDC8CB747.jpeg
2DE447FB-ECDC-4E2F-97E9-7B9F40D59C5D.jpeg
2B99ABAC-62A8-4A59-860E-F7AEEF4B2DF0.jpeg
2136196B-3988-4DB7-84F5-868B747A7D6A.jpeg
A6BFBCED-2613-41F9-80DA-E845A2C521AC.jpeg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Went for a quick spin around town and a slight highway run. My impressions so far..... I am more aware of what gear I am driving in now. If the revs drop under 2k under load, I am getting some hum (drone for some) it’s not bad, but I can hear it. Highway and rowing thru the gears, the car sounds great... good low tone, not really loud, but you can defiantly hear the exhaust. But when I shift to 6th and the revs drop, it’s noticeable. Top up or down... same result. I realize I am coming from a stock exhaust and I have to give it time for myself and my wife to give a better opinion. We will see. :)

My driving season is only another month or two. I will have more to say about these axle backs over the next month as I become my accustomed to the sound.

But I think for the price, it’s probably as good as it gets.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
No Bill, volume is fine. Just 6th gear is the only “issue”. 6th is almost a useless gear anyway.. Ha Ha.

Just for all the folks comparing sound-transmission-gear ratio, my car has a 3.31 rear end and is an MT. I guess the MT is kinda obvious from my above posts, but still nice to have clarification. :like:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hey Derek looking forward to your assessment.

Just a thought on the ramps, they look strong in compression but perhaps not so much in diagonal rigidity, was thinking this could be increased a lot by affixing another piece of timber along each side into both the horizontals and the uprights for the length of the ramp. Just my 2c as an aside...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hey Derek looking forward to your assessment.

Just a thought on the ramps, they look strong in compression but perhaps not so much in diagonal rigidity, was thinking this could be increased a lot by affixing another piece of timber along each side into both the horizontals and the uprights for the length of the ramp. Just my 2c as an aside...
I was thinking the same thing about the ramps. I have some 3/4” plywood here laying around and I will probably cut it fit for both side of each ramps and uprights.

This was my first attempt at building ramps, so there is always room for improvement.

Good observation and thank you for the advice. :clap:

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Ok guys...... My time with this exhaust has become short lived as I just purchased a set of AWE axle backs. I loved the sound of the CJPP unbranded from 1st to 5th, but highway I was getting drone. I didn't mind it as it wasn't bad, for me anyway, as these have a great deep sound. But my wife did not like it at all, so wadaya do??????

Anyway, my car is parked for the winter months, so I will not know what new exhaust will sound like for a while yet. But AM had a good price and I had a code for another $40 or so bucks off. I basically got the mufflers (or resonators as AWE calls them) for just north of $600. I think that's as good as its gonna get for these mufflers.

Gonna be a loooooong wait to hear them is the killer... :(

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
yeah...... I know. But I will have no problem selling them. Like I said its tolerable to me, but it really bothers my wife.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It isn't like it cost me a fortune. I will survive... Ha Ha

And on the bright side.... I am getting ANOTHER new exhaust... :)

Deleted member 35786

After reading through 17pages I will for sure be purchasing this axle back system while retaining my stock resonator. Thanks for all the great writeups, videos etc..
Found some good discount codes online I can use as well.
Sponsored