Sponsored

Octane booster

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve come to the conclusion if it doesn’t contain MMT it won’t do squat. I’ve tried most of the brands Summit caries and Race Fuel concentrate (orange/white can) is my favorite just because the local summit carries it and it’s not too expensive. I’ve tried the Klotz and it didn’t do squat to quiet down the knock sensor reading on my Ngauge. We are lucky enough to have these sensors to actually get info on what works and what doesn’t.
Sponsored

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
I have seen first hand results in knock reduction with Boostane professional on my 18 Whipple car.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Torco let me get an extra degree of timing on top of 93 octane.

For those using octane booster every tankful, consider meth injection. Cheaper, more effective, and you don't have to refill every tankful.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don’t think boostane is available in Canada. Never seen it here. How much is it in the US?

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I’ve come to the conclusion if it doesn’t contain MMT it won’t do squat. I’ve tried most of the brands Summit caries and Race Fuel concentrate (orange/white can) is my favorite just because the local summit carries it and it’s not too expensive. I’ve tried the Klotz and it didn’t do squat to quiet down the knock sensor reading on my Ngauge. We are lucky enough to have these sensors to actually get info on what works and what doesn’t.
I have seen first hand results in knock reduction with Boostane professional on my 18 Whipple car.
I agree. I have done a lot testing also using different fuels /octane booster in my 18 whipple car(whipple 93 tune).
I see some knock running 93 OR Sunoco 260 GTX (supposed to be 98 octane)with the 3.625 pulley.

I added a can of Boostane to 5-10 gallons of 260 GTX(probably overkill) and it gets max timing and -4KR.

I got the same results with MS109 so that's all the tune has .

I just tried Octanium(which is cheaper than boostane since I can get it from VP for $13 vs $30 for boostane) adding and mixing a can with 10 gallons of shell 93 and got the same results(18.5* max timing and -4 KR).

I just requested a race gas tune(before E85) from PBD and plan to run Ms109- I am hoping it will have a bit more timing than the whipple 93 tune .
it will be interesting to see if I can get the same results with a can of Boostane/or Octanium added to 5-10 gallons 260 GTX.
Per the Boostane chart , a bottle added to 5 gallons increases the numbers by 11. so added to 260 GTX may yield 98+ 11= 109.

A bottle of Octanium added to 10 gallons is said to raise octane by 8 so may be 106 when added to 260 GTX ??

5 gallons of MS109 is $70.

260 GTX is $ 7 a gallon so if adding a can of Octanium to 5 gallons works that's $48($35+13)

I know it may seem like a waste to time since I will be doing E85 eventually which is cheap but you use more

-already have the ID1050X's and need to find out if I can use my old VMP BAP or if I have to do the JMS booster)

Last edited:

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Whippled 2018 here also.
Picked up 55rwhp and a few degrees of timing on the dyno adding VP Octanium to 93 octane.
I'm ordering cases of/using Boostane Professional primarily and using VP Octanium in a pinch since its sold at AutoZone.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
MMT is what works to raise Octane in these products, if it doesn't it doesn't work MMT does have an effect of orange color on plugs and 02 and will effect cats with long term use. For plugs it will require to change them out more often, but is safe on the engine. Whipple has tested Torco, Octanium and uses Boostane now, all have MMT, but Boostane has a formula that keeps the MMT suspended where in others they can separate. I've now for sure Whipple has run Boostane in their cars for a year and I have other friends who have run Boostane for that long as well. I'm also currently running 10 oz 1/3 of a can per fill up of 93 and have great results and see max timing with this on 3.5" pulley.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Well I ordered myself a gallon on KLOTZ..

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I ordered myself a gallon on KLOTZ..
Put Klotz in and watch with an sct gauge or N gauge you will get no change in knock + or -. It’s snake oil like aces IV. Many have tested that and Klotz neither work. octamium torco and Boostane work since they have MMT. Boostane works the best since it has the most. But do your thing and throw away money your choice. Lots of info on the search function. Sorry not trying to be a prick

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
MMT is what works to raise Octane in these products, if it doesn't it doesn't work MMT does have an effect of orange color on plugs and 02 and will effect cats with long term use. For plugs it will require to change them out more often, but is safe on the engine. Whipple has tested Torco, Octanium and uses Boostane now, all have MMT, but Boostane has a formula that keeps the MMT suspended where in others they can separate. I've now for sure Whipple has run Boostane in their cars for a year and I have other friends who have run Boostane for that long as well. I'm also currently running 10 oz 1/3 of a can per fill up of 93 and have great results and see max timing with this on 3.5" pulley.
Yes sir Boostane for the win. Even the whipple owner uses it. says a lot. Lund, vmp plam beach Dyno, aed all will make you a octane booster tune with Boostane torco or Octanium, but they don’t make a Klotz tune. Says a lot again

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Soooo i just want to make sure I get this stright, and don't put to much or not enough Boostane in my car. If I'm reading this boostane chart correctly on there website. If I have 10 gallons of 93 in my tank and I want to run 101 octane I need to run 1.28 oz of Boostane per gallon. So 10 gallons of 93 × 1.28oz of Boostane will give me 12.8 oz of boostane I need mix with 93. Is that correct?
Screenshot_20191231-160442_Chrome.jpg

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Soooo i just want to make sure I get this stright, and don't put to much or not enough Boostane in my car. If I'm reading this boostane chart correctly on there website. If I have 10 gallons of 93 in my tank and I want to run 101 octane I need to run 1.28 oz of Boostane per gallon. So 10 gallons of 93 × 1.28oz of Boostane will give me 12.8 oz of boostane I need mix with 93. Is that correct?
Screenshot_20191231-160442_Chrome.jpg
Yup you got that right. Also if you follow the chart boostane gives it's biggest affects up to 100 octane. with 93 and just under an ounce per gallon you get increase of 7 point, but iff you want another 7 point increase it takes more than 10 times more boostane to get there. I run 1 once per gallon and it makes the best bang for the buck.

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Yup you got that right. Also if you follow the chart boostane gives it's biggest affects up to 100 octane. with 93 and just under an ounce per gallon you get increase of 7 point, but iff you want another 7 point increase it takes more than 10 times more boostane to get there. I run 1 once per gallon and it makes the best bang for the buck.
Did you get your car tuned with boostane in your car? Or do you run the boostane with the tune you had before the boostane?
Sponsored