Sponsored

15-17 Front Turn Signal Swap?

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I will get the codes off my car this weekend as I've been promising on this thread for awhile lol.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Sponsored

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Weird I didn't get a wiring harness with mine. I can't be the only one with this issue. My brother has a FORscan but I will have to wait for him when he comes to my house in December. Do you know the codes/process with your device to fix your issue?
Mine came with a harness. So far so good no issues.

opt7.jpg

opt7-1.jpg

Last edited:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

opt7.jpg

opt7-1.jpg
Well mine did come with that harness but I am still having that issue.

I found a temporary work around where I just leave the fog lights one and they work fine.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Can someone please explain what the issue is with these lights? Im not clear on what people are experiencing and im not clear on what the forscan changes accomplish?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Sorry guys I seem to have lost my OBD2 reader so I can't check the codes. Looking over the spreadsheet and going by memory I am pretty sure this is what I changed. I will check if I find my reader.

BCM 726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx (Allows Forscan DRL Changes)
BCM 726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx (Enables Parking Lights as DRL)
BCM 726-50-01: 10xx (Enables dedicated LED DRL lights)

To get the OPT7's to be yellow in DRL mode, set 726-50-01 to 08xx.

See lines 25 and 26 on the Forscan codes spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit#gid=53101868

@5.0_SD @kenbert

Can someone please explain what the issue is with these lights? Im not clear on what people are experiencing and im not clear on what the forscan changes accomplish?
Not everybody, but many people will have the DRL white light not come on during the day, and the sequential blinker will be scattered and random. At night they work okay. Using lights in "auto" mode may or may not be the culprit. The above Forscan changes the way the BCM operates so that the OPT7s work correctly. (White DRL day/night, working sequential blinker)

opt7.jpg

opt7-1.jpg
I believe that is the typical harness. I'm pretty sure mine looked like that as well.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys I seem to have lost my OBD2 reader so I can't check the codes. Looking over the spreadsheet and going by memory I am pretty sure this is what I changed. I will check if I find my reader.

See lines 25 and 26 on the Forscan codes spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit#gid=53101868

@5.0_SD @kenbert

Not everybody, but many people will have the DRL white light not come on during the day, and the sequential blinker will be scattered and random. At night they work okay. Using lights in "auto" mode may or may not be the culprit. The above Forscan changes the way the BCM operates so that the OPT7s work correctly. (White DRL day/night, working sequential blinker)

I believe that is the typical harness. I'm pretty sure mine looked like that as well.
Thanks for your help for that!

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase

@5.0_SD @kenbert

Thanks so much! Now to decide which to buy to give this a go!

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
For the poster that are having issues with the Opt7 lights give opt 7 a call and they will send you a harness that you plugin line with to the harness that goes from the module to inside the lights. You have to take the lights off and remove the two screws that hold the module on. Then pull the rubber plug out and disconnect the connector and place the new harness in line with the connector you disconnected. the feed the harness back in and reinsert the plug. The remount eh module and reinstall the lights.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the poster that are having issues with the Opt7 lights give opt 7 a call and they will send you a harness that you plugin line with to the harness that goes from the module to inside the lights. You have to take the lights off and remove the two screws that hold the module on. Then pull the rubber plug out and disconnect the connector and place the new harness in line with the connector you disconnected. the feed the harness back in and reinsert the plug. The remount eh module and reinstall the lights.
I really shouldn't have to do that in the first place seems really redundant. Thanks for the tip though.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Not sure if this helps anyone. But I just installed my opt7 since purchased like 4 months ago and they operate what imo is correct.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine only have the issue when the lights are off.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I bought my OPT7's in July and I just noticed that i am experiencing is the following... When my Parking lights or Headlights are on, the DRLs and Turn signals function as you would expect. However, when my lights are NOT on. Meaning the headlight dial is on the first, far left position, the DRLs are lit as expected, however, the passenger sides signal does the double sequential interruption to its-self. Video below. I'm tempted to try the forscan changes that were mentioned above, but i dont see how that would affect the situation im seeing. I dont see how any thing could changed for the turn signals functionality working as expected no matter if my lights are off or on. Opt7's warranty method is to send in the old part to get a replacement. Unfortunately I will not be dissembling the car for weeks to do that process.