Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Can you put down the numbers for me? This should be correct, because according to the info that I read somewhere, it should be around 550 hp to the crank.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Can you put down the numbers for me? Thanks
This is rough estimate based on the formula.
22 x .3 x 10 = 66 in2
66 /.45 = 146.67 in2
146.67 / 5 = 29.33 in2

Checking the table, 29.33 in2 internal flow area is between 250 and 325. Closer to the 325 rwhp side

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Just ordered a mishimoto IC along with clamps from MAP. I have the FP tune. Looking forward to it.. :)

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
reviews and price. almost went with cpe but decided to go with mishi.
I can def see that. Having a hard time reconciling $500-$699 for an intercooler when there's not much difference at the top end.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I can def see that. Having a hard time reconciling $500-$699 for an intercooler when there's not much difference at the top end.
i am primarily changing to lower temps, i think good idea for longevity. Heat is a killer of everything.. If i notice performance increase then its a bonus !!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone confirmed IF a 2015-2017 IC will in fact work and FIT into the same location on a 2018-19 (due to the entire front clip redesign)??

Sponsored

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Has anyone confirmed IF a 2015-2017 IC will in fact work and FIT into the same location on a 2018-19 (due to the entire front clip redesign)??
I haven't seen it myself but I've read 2-3 threads that have confirmed it. With a search you may be able to find them.

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
The levels race fits on my 2018 with no issues. Looks damn good too!

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
The levels race fits on my 2018 with no issues. Looks damn good too!
Im doing an install this weekend, ebay special though, and with charge pipe kit.
Im interested in knowing from an actual customer how easy/difficult the 2018 install is; my concern is disassembly of the nose.
I have performance pack so no shutters making it appear to be very simple if going from the install videos.
Thanks.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
I installed an ebay Mishimoto knock-off FMIC and charge pipe kit on Saturday Sept. 8. Total price for the parts, with shipping, was $405.00.
My car is a 2018 PP automatic and has MBRP race exhaust, Roush CAI, Mishi catch can, cold pre-gapped plugs, GFB DV+ and Steeda throttle body spacer; I use Motul oil and a wix filter. I use 93 octane Sunoco exclusively.
This is a brief review of the install and results.

Install was very easy; as illustrated in all of the videos other than a few minor changes to the location of the inner wheel well mounts for 2018.
I did the job with another person, in my driveway on ramps.
If i was only installing the FMIC on factory pipes it would have been about a 2 hour job.
The instruction kit for the charge pipe kit did not illustrate the locations of each of the clamps, silicon connectors or pipes themselves.
We had to run through a couple of mock ups to make sure it was correct.
One of the clamps had a bad weld and rather than use it we retasked the OEM clamp and that added some time as well.
The whole installation was done in about 3:30 hours including a couple of drink and bathroom breaks.
My car only has 3000 miles on it so you could have done the job without gloves and stayed clean as well; truly an easy job.
The parts themselves were good, not great. As I said there was a broken clamp, but the threads on the FMIC required a bit of cleaning and the interior of the FMIC and all pipes had powder coat overspray and/or loose material. They had to be wiped and blown out.

Since installation I have used the car on 3 of the 5 days of my 70 mile round trip work commute and another handful of testing miles after install; I did a few high boost stomps to check things but otherwise it was mostly highway driving at 50-75mph in mild to moderate traffic. I commute from Westchester NY to Nassau county so they are heavily traffic roads. Temps here this week have been upper 70s to upper 80s, humidity is very high.
I dont have a data tracker other than my memory, I have the programmable dash so I set the in dash gauges to include charge temp, engine temp and boost (easier to look at all three together rather than looking over to the analog boost gauge).
There is no question that charge temps are down 20+ degrees, likely about 30.
The car is running significantly smoother. It idles smoother, maybe even a few RPMs lower (probably not though) and shifts are noticeably improved.
I suspect that the "smoothness" is real, not just seat of pants placebo, and due to the increase flow and efficiency of the charge pipes more than the FMIC itself; although 20-30 lower charge temps could make a difference as well.
MPG is better, although it could be the traffic conditions this week (Jewish holidays in NY tri-state make for light traffic, but then again school started and that increase traffic over my summer base- I've been driving the car only since school was out). Pre FMIC my commute mileage, from the on-board computer was about 27-28mpg, post install its 30.3. Lifetime mpg on the car pre-install over 2700 or so miles was 24.7; since install that's increased to 24.9.
I have no 0-60 or 1/4 mile times on the car to actually measure pre/post, and I havent really gotten on the car yet or repeatedly to know if there is a performance improvement.
I suspect that the "smoothness" also means improved performance.

All in all it was so cheap and so easy that there is no question that it was worth it.
Now if only Ford Performance would release their tune I can install my MBRP catted downpipe and find out what the car can really do.
Sponsored

Last edited: