DIY - Lifting Gas Pedal w/ Spacers for Heel-Toe, <$5

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Is there a way to raise the pedal itself, instead of the whole assembly? I haven't crawled under there to look yet.
Good question, even though I don't have an answer.

However, there are `clutch pedal extensions' available on the market. By the same principle, they could design (or could have designed) a `gas pedal extension' :doh:
Sponsored

orangefurygt

Does your 2018 GT Tick?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium PP1 6sp /Active Exhaust/Nov17
I just installed the Spacecityspy spacers along with the Steeda clutch spring ; Awesome combination and value to transform how the 2018 GT drives. Heel toe is so much easier now.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Left over tv wall mount spacers work or most hardware stores sell spacers in some form - super simple mod.

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
wont work on my 2017 UK car... seems to be a different set up like a one piece mount with the brake pedal

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just did this on my '15 using the same parts from Lowe's as the OP. SO MUCH BETTER. I even think normal driving is more natural because I'm actuating the pedal more with the ball of my foot instead of the toes. It just naturally lines up better with distance to the steering wheel, etc.. Nice find OP!

Sponsored

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not to revive a dead thread but big thanks to the OP.

Just completed the project. Pain in the ass getting under there for me (big hands;etc).

Took it around the block and what a difference already.

Im gonna add one small spacer to the lowest bracket. Maybe a 1/4" to truly make it flush.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
I've also been looking for a solution and came across this thread as well. I'll try the spacer hack since the Spacecityspy member seems to have disappeared. Thanks to the OP for a great idea.

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Hi all, 2 questions about this mod.

1) do you use some torque wrench or the torque to put the nuts back is not really important?
2) one of the problem I get with my 18 GT is that at 5'5" I feel like the clutch pedal is too far out compare to the gas pedal, which cause me to put my seat more forward to not have to push the cutch only with my toes. I am afraid that this mod will help on heal-toe, but cause the gas pedal to be even more close to me or the clutch pedal even more far from me if I put the seat a little more back. Anyone else has this problem with the clutch and gas pedal?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
I haven't done the pedal mod yet, but will comment on your question. I'm 5' 10" and I personally feel the the clutch travel is too long. Maybe its a side effect of the Coyote, twin disc clutch or whatever, but I never remember another Mustang with the travel being this long. I took the spring completely out and that seemed to help with the feel of engagement, but its nothing like the travel I had in my 88 Saleen which was very short and precise. With this clutch/trans unless I engage the clutch to the floor, I get a grind, clunk or noise of some sort. I'm changing out fluids to BG as soon as the supplier gets them to me. I've heard that does help significantly, but yeah, not likely to shorten the travel at all.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Hi all, 2 questions about this mod.

1) do you use some torque wrench or the torque to put the nuts back is not really important?
2) one of the problem I get with my 18 GT is that at 5'5" I feel like the clutch pedal is too far out compare to the gas pedal, which cause me to put my seat more forward to not have to push the cutch only with my toes. I am afraid that this mod will help on heal-toe, but cause the gas pedal to be even more close to me or the clutch pedal even more far from me if I put the seat a little more back. Anyone else has this problem with the clutch and gas pedal?
I have been running this for years on my 15. I am only 5'8 and hated feeling like I had to sit too close to be comfortable. This works great, forgot I had it installed.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelatec-clutch-pedal-extension-1994-2019/p/PCS68/

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
2nd time necro-thread. Just curious why people were so hung up on the spacer OD being 1" when the pedal boss is all of 1/2" diameter.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Just figured I'd show off the pedal spacer I made. I was going to use a spacer but I agree with Shogun. The boss is only a little over a 1/2" so no need for a 1" spacer especially if it doesn't fit in the carpet hole.
IMG_1859.JPG
Nice! Any chance you could upload the .stl file for us?

Glad I found this thread. Since someone pointed out the factory pedal position I notice it every time.

Makes you wonder why, when most people have 2 legs that are basically the same length , why they wouldn't put the pedals the same distance apart?

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Nice! Any chance you could upload the .stl file for us?

Glad I found this thread. Since someone pointed out the factory pedal position I notice it every time.

Makes you wonder why, when most people have 2 legs that are basically the same length , why they wouldn't put the pedals the same distance apart?
It doesn't let me attach the .STL or Solid works file but if you PM me your email address I can send it to you.
Sponsored