Sponsored

Price Trends - is this normal for this time of year?

Johnny K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet...but hopefully soon.
I'm seeing 2018 Mustangs advertised here in Maryland for between 4000 and 6000 off MSRP. Is it reasonable to assume that next year we'll same similar deals on 2019s? Or is this an abnormal year?

I'm thinking of buying next year, but if these are exceptionally good deals, I probably shouldn't wait.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'm shopping for a car too, and the advertised prices (which usually include all incentives, many of which I don't qualify for) can often be better if you can be a tough negotiator. On a GT with little to no options, I'm seeing about $6K off after I beat them up for a while. You could probably do even better on a GT Premium or Shelby.

OP
OP

Johnny K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet...but hopefully soon.
I'm shopping for a car too, and the advertised prices (which usually include all incentives, many of which I don't qualify for) can often be better if you can be a tough negotiator. On a GT with little to no options, I'm seeing about $6K off after I beat them up for a while. You could probably do even better on a GT Premium or Shelby.
Agreed. What I'm trying to determine is - will I be likely to get the same deals next year, or is this year an aberration?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I don't think anyone can say what will happen next year. How much production is left-over, what the economy is like, etc. is hard to predict. To be safe, I'd suggest that this year is an aberration, and if you want the car, make the best deal that you can.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can tell you without a doubt that interest rates are going to go up between now and next year. How much? Who knows, but I can tell you that I had to extend my pre-approval for my mustang, and rates went up .3% in 60 days

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I've been watching the pricing for a couple years and this is pretty normal, but the timing is off. 2018 was a wierd model year, starting late and production ending early, in May or June as I recall. A more normal model year is kind of early fall to early fall (September to September). I would say 2018 pricing is where you normally see the "outgoing" model year in November or December. That being said, yea it's totally normal to see discounts of $6K+ (discount + Ford incentives) or even more once the inventory builds up a bit. Finding a car optioned as you would like is challenging (for me).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s normal for the region - it is now coming to the end of 3rd Quarter 2018 and winter is coming.

Mustangs and other rear wheel drive performance cars do not sell well in the winter season along mid to northern East Coast. So Dealerships will be marking down 2018’s and trying to move as much inventory as possible.

I don’t think 2019’s are going to be heavily discounted (yet).
Sponsored